Help with deciding on screwdrivers!

AssociatedTechnology

My dad wants me to find the best screwdriver possible for him to use for probably the rest of his life. 

I have found 3 companies of good screwdrivers, but I don't know which one is the best. Can you please help me figure this out? Is there a review website that would help with that?

Here are the brands and some notable information about them:

Wera- Made in Czechoslovakia

Wiha- Made in Germany

PB Swiss Tools- Made in Switzerland

Please help me decide!

Welcome to the forum. I have Wera Screwdrivers. I actually bought the Wera Kraftform Plus 334/6 set. These are honestly the best quality screwdrivers I've ever owned, the grips look weird but they are unbelievably comfortable. They are designed to fit in the cup of your hand or while using finger tips to give purchase. The tips are laser etched giving them a lot of grab. Made in Germany and have a Lifetime warranty. Also they have easy to read markings on the handle if you keep them in your tool belt or even if you keep them in the mountable carrier they come with for quick identification. I'd also like to mention Klein. I only have a nut drive but it's a really nice quality driver and more importantly it's made in the Good Ole USA.. Amazon has my Wera set For a little over $30 with six drivers (mixed) and a mount. Also tons of others including electricians sets, ratchets etc... Good luck!

You gotta decide bro! Read the reviews but I've thrown my 2 cents in. Wiha is supposedly good too but for the most part what I have heard is Klein is great and first hand knowledge of Wera shows they are quite awesome. I'd suggest going to Woodcraft and checking out the Wera brand first hand, they grips and etching are really what make these tools awesome. Plus the lifetime warranty.

Let's not neglect the tried and true made in the red, white, and blue Klein screwdrivers!

The only problem with Klein screwdrivers are the price, they are good, but many other manufacturers have better products at lower prices. Our company issued hot screwdrivers are Klein and they are not as good as my WERA personal set, or even Milwaukees set.

I keep a klein 5 in 1 in my tool bag and it gets me through just about any job that I run in to. However, for the price, selection and warranty I think a good old fashion set of craftsman screwdrivers is the way to go. It Depends on how much you are turning your wrist with a screwdriver everyday but for the every day handyman I wouldn't hesitate to go with this proven brand.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the tried and true Klein screw drivers. The round handle helps speed things up for me. I typically use my Klein 14-in-1 for most tasks.

I have mainly multi screwdrivers or specialty screwdrivers. I want to invest in a set of dedicated screwdrivers. I have my eye on the Wera Kraftform Plus. I may just try them out. They look comfortable and ergonomic. I have heard many positive reviews.

I have some Felo Ergonics and some Wihas, I like 'em both. I've not tried them, but PB Swiss have an excellent reputation.

Another suggestion: Williams black hard handle drivers.

Seriously, when you get to this level, Pops needs to go and fondle whatever he's looking at. The tools are all good, but there's going to be more of a difference on how the tool works IN HIS HANDS.

I have some Felo Ergonics and some Wihas, I like 'em both. I've not tried them, but PB Swiss have an excellent reputation.

Another suggestion: Williams black hard handle drivers.

Seriously, when you get to this level, Pops needs to go and fondle whatever he's looking at. The tools are all good, but there's going to be more of a difference on how the tool works IN HIS HANDS.

BK13, can you expand on how PB Swiss tools have such a good reputation? Any sources online that you can provide? Because I don't think many jobsites use them, even though I think they are the best.