Yard Sale Tool Find.....

comp56

went to a yard sale just down the street from my house and got what I think was a great deal......

paid $60 for a brand new never used Maximum 2HP stationary/plunger router kit. I have a porter cable already but for that price I couldn't pass it by.....

20141004_1955581.jpg

20141004_1957041.jpg

I go on yard sales / garage sales / real estates sales all the time but I never find good tool deals - gratz man

Yeah, man, +1! I've pretty much given up on ever finding anything good at garage sales. Nice find!

I never find good deals around here. The best bet is internet deals or clearance in stores. Pawnshops, garage sales, and Craigslist are just dumb on prices :( I think the problem is people think their stuff is worth so much now because of the internet.

I might be a little high on my Craigslist prices but the tools are usually some bare tool I got as part of a deal, and is brand new never been used condition. I figure 20% off retail prices is pretty fair in Michigan because we also have 6% sales tax

The few times I have sold tools because I got a bigger better faster version or got some new as gifts most if not all are given/sold cheap to a buddy or traded. I have lots of tools that have been kickin around for 25+ years still work like the day I got them.......in fact I even have some older stuff my father passed on to me.....may not look as good as the new stuff but in some cases are way better......some tools wear out and some last forever......just like anything else the old saying they don't make em like they used too........some times it has a lot to do with how they are treated/used...I know some guys go through tools like socks and it's usually cause they don't know what they are doing or don't care......then they say oh such and such are garbage??? yet mine is 8 yrs old and works perfectly......