New Milwaukee M18 5.0Ah Battery

regopit

I think Bosch just announced 6.0ah packs. That's kinda crazy when you think about it we are not that far from 3.0ah packs. How long were 3.0ah packs the norm 3-4 years? Now it seems every year we get some kind of improvement. I don't think you could ever run out a 6.0ah drill or impact on a normal job site. Other tools you will still need to swap but not as often.

@ DR99 - you are right with the 6.0Ah battery pack - but its just available in Europa. The weight difference is huge for example when I switch between 2Ah and 4Ah battery with my drill. Bosch says the 6Ah battery will be slighty the same weight as 3Ah; 4Ah and 5Ah battery packs.

Bosch also has come out with a new multi-voltage charger that works with 14.4V, 18V, 36V battery packs, its twice as fast and half the size as bosch's previous 36v charger. the charging rate on the new charger is just 35mins for 18v 4Ah battery and 50mins for the new 6Ah battery. Lets see when they gonan release the new products for the US market

as long as they keep the temp down with active cooling, there's no reason they can't charge these bigger batteries quickly. Makita's cooled charger is 9A, compared to Dewalts/Milwaukees ~3A.

Bring it on I say!

I think a lot of these tool manufactures are smart marketers. Its like cell phone technology its all about sales... You don't release a new product while the old one is still hot. The truth is why would they come out with a 6.0ah battery now while they can sell the shit out of the 5.0ah. I think they sit on the technology until a competitor comes along with an upgrade or there is a market swing  

• Like 1

Milwaukee also has the new high speed charger for the m12 and m18 battery 3 of each

and chargers 3 at at time 

the old charger takes 360 minutes to charge 6  3ah batteries 

the new one takes 72minutes to charge  6 3ah batteries

they definately can charge the bigger batteries faster and more effeciently if they can do that 

they probably just holding out on us until the 5ah and 6ah are more popular

From what I saw about the Milwaukee super charger it charges quicker at first then as the battery gets more of a charge it slows down. That's how they are deal with the cells and thermal management. Milwaukee is pushing the fact that their batteries are weather proof compared to the other companies that are open to the elements.