What do you carry???

tascher1

nice conductor - the city "Solingen" where the company is located; is about 1.5h away from my home town

Cool. I really like German knives. Eye Brand is obviously my favorite, but I've had Buck Creek, Raging Bull, Hen & Rooster, and even had a Bulldog once which is a little fancier knife produced along with the Eye Brand at the Olbertz Factory. Lots of great German knives.

Frost acquired Hen & Rooster a couple years back and are now making the blades in Solingen, and shipping them to China for finish and assembly. Leave it to Frost to fuck up a good knife

My microtech socom elite tanto satin with carbon fiber inserts:) love ite

Have two microtechs and honestly they are pretty but when it comes to work I think the spydercos do better. The ergonomics are better the blades seem to hold a edge longer, etc. The microtechs stay in tye safe.

Both the spydercos I carry cost just as much as the microtechs anyway. Both where just shy of 300 both where limited runs.

Kato i see that hinderer, workhorse i want one with a wharny blade... expensive tho. @yamatitan,,,i have 3 spydercos and vg10 steel that the blades are made of are probaby the best rust resistant steel of all my knives, but i will disagree on edge retention, s30v has been very good to me.

I have real Hinderes , the one in the photo is a clone that I paid $40 for on eBay. Hinderers are built to use but I can't justify beating up knives that are that expensive. I used a Scarab that was around $400 and that was as far as I will go money-wise for a work knife. Some of my Hinderers are a little bit more expensive than that...and by a little I mean a lot. I've used Striders and whatnot that were in the $150-$300 range, but never long enough to really cause them any harm. This clone though, I'm putting it through all kinds of hell, and so far it's taking everything I throw at it without a peep.

I've used knifes with Wharncliff blades, they're okay but I prefer a good recurve over anything else. The straight edge on a Wharncliff is nice for certain types of stuff but I prefer the better cutting ability of a recurve, you get a better pull and if the blade is sharpened right it gives a cleaner, easier cut. The "spanto" is good because it's beefy and can put up to hard use, but give me a recurve any day

Surprisingly they're not that different than the real thing, apart from actually knowing what kind of materials they're made of you wouldn't know the difference. Same build, same beefy workhorse feel, same specs. The blade holds an edge pretty well, even after what I put it through. I can strop it on a piece of cardboard while at work and keep it pretty razor-sharp, which tells me that the blade material is at least in the good to pretty good range.

There's a brand called "Wild Boar" that's about as real as real gets without being the real thing. They run from $65 and up, they're solid as bricks, and you really can't tell the difference between them and a real Hinderer. They also make Reeves, Microtech, etc.. If you held one in your hand you couldn't tell it was a clone, they're that good.

Kato i see that hinderer, workhorse i want one with a wharny blade... expensive tho. @yamatitan,,,i have 3 spydercos and vg10 steel that the blades are made of are probaby the best rust resistant steel of all my knives, but i will disagree on edge retention, s30v has been very good to me.

Both of mine have CTS204P, which has been really good.  Havent had good luck with the microtech s30v benchmades seem better to me.  The microtechs ive had in S35v have been a big improvement but still prefer the spydercos.

Kato ive heard of wild boar actually been looking for a wild boar replica of a Hinderer and socom delta for some time since i cant justify paying that much for real deal. Ive seen video reviews and they do look really solid, even have roller bearing and all.. Its amazing how well chinese have copied these knives, wild boar could of really made a name for themselves if they actually created there own designs instead making copies.

I couldn't be without my leatherman surge.. ive had several multitools from leatherman, gerber and some other off brands and hands down the surge is the favorite by far.

if i don't want or need the bulk from the multitool then i carry a Gerber paraframe fine edge folding knife for its light weight and slim profile. 

Cts204p is a bitching steel, one of the best..so i believe u on that. I aldo hear really good things about elmax and i have 3 knives in elmax but they are not daily users, havnt really used them hard yet.

I have a zero tolerance 0561 in elmax its pretty decent but Ive had it chip out a little cutting tie wraps.  Havent had that problem at all with the cts204p.

• 1 month later...