Dewalt R&D (or lack thereof)

JAZ

Does anyone else feel as I do that Dewalt should invest more R&D dollars in new tools?  I"d like to be a loyal Dewalt owner, but I have to admit that I have a bit of envy for the constant stream of new and innovative tools from Milwaukee.  I just saw an article that they're introducing 22 new tools over the next year, many of them brushless.  The new brushless motors put cordless tools on par with corded tools and are more than just a novelty.

What are we hearing from Dewalt?  Zip, nada, nothing. I stopped in at one of their traveling road shows and the folks running the show knew nothing about any new tools.   It would seem the most basic and needed brushless tools are a 20V circular saw and reciprocating saw.

Come on Dewalt. Catch up with the competition and keep us in the fold!

• Like 1

I hope so kwc cus I'm a dewalt guy and I feel that milwaukee is crushing all competition right now that's why I am jumping on the m12 wagon, don't get me wrong I love my dewalt tools but seriously dewalt we need more than a blue tooth adapter right now.... BRING ON THE BRUSHLESS!!!

2015 is probably going to be the year you see a big push for Dewalt Brushless and see tools like saws make it over to the Dewalt lineup. The big thing is I can't believe Dewalt hasn't came out with 20v/XR finish nailers yet. They have to keep the old xrp stuff around just to keep that one tool going. I know Javier would love to see a new finish nailer.

• Like 1

Team Milwaukee is always open, but even Dewalt has tools I want like that Brushless Corded Framing nailer. That thing is freaking sweet. Also the Dewalt Multitool is better than Milwaukee its brushless. For new tools they have that drywall rotary cutout saw, and drywall screwdriver coming out soon. The big thing is Dewalt puts hoods on most of their heated Jackets unlike Milwaukee. That kinda ticks me off with Milwaukee to be honest. I would like to keep snow and rain off my head!!

• Like 1

We will launch it next year

They might have held out to perfect any issue they might have had, or even better they added a brush less motor. I would also like to see a forward rail system like Hitachi sliding miter and the Festool Kapex has it allows you to but the saw against a wall with out having to leave room for the rails. That can be super annoying at times. I will say my little cordless Ryobi miter saw had gotten a ton of use. I put a new thin kerf Freud Diablo blade and it can eat through 2x4's pretty good now. I just like how quickly I can get set up with it. I wouldn't mind finding a really compact miter saw stand for it.

I might consider getting rid of my Bosch 12" slider if some one comes out with a really cool cordless sliding miter saw. I don't know though Miter saws and Table saws still reign supreme with corded power. I just hate how heavy and bulky the Bosch saw is even with it being on the Bosch gravity rise stand.

It'd be nice if the "new" tools are released in the USA first or at least at the same time so we are not stuck waiting to see what comes across the pond after a couple of months or a year. Kudos to Dewalt for making tools here again too.

• Like 2

I would say there always late to the party..But good things come to those who wait..I'll be happy to see a dual supply mite saw 110v with 18v 20vmax back up..anything else would be a complete bonus.. Oh 18v versions of there 12v line aswell eg:- stud detector (that works) & bore scope

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...