Dewalt R&D (or lack thereof)

JAZ

DEWALT has some pretty amazing tools in R&D right now. We've had reps come out to our jobs a few times with some prototypes printed on 3-D printers. Just about every tool will be virtually cordless. Or Cordless mobility with corded tools.

I feel like rapid prototyping on 3D printers has really accelerated R&D.

And are they 20Vmax or 18V mainly.

I think the big thing with dewalt is that stuff slowly trickled out here and there with no big show that we seen. Even if you show all these tools that are going to be coming out and release them slowly, it gets people's attention. I need to same room in my shop for these finish nailers, hopefully they will be out soon.

• 1 month later...

I've got to agree w/the general consensus, DeWalt is lacking in its 20v lineup. I'm glad to hear/read that the new year is promising some big additions. Aside from that, being competitive is at the core of all industries. Recently I've been working on a few new projects and new toys, like the dewalt ossilating tool I recently picked up, just just make the job better. Can't wait for the 20v drywall gun (that teaser trailer for their blade just had me waiting l year) & finish nailer; & the miter saw would be be perfect to top it all off.

that is the problem with investing everything in 1 company........some companies make better products than others always have been that way always will be........I'm a Milwaukee fan no question but if they released Milwaukee Aspirins doesn't mean I'm going to rush out and buy them just because......I know there are companies out there that just make them better.......