Milwaukee 6950-80 Miter

ChrisK

The Ridgid is nice for the Lifetime LSA. Its kind of a process to get it enrolled but its great piece of mind to have just in case.  Just member the LSA has had its issues with people getting things handled in a timely fashion too.

• Like 1

Well up here in the great white north that saw is one of milwaukee's best selling products at home depot and any milwaukee service center can easily fix them or has the parts. the accuracy of the digital is great but it also has old school marking for you to go by and the stand it comes with is easily to set up and take down. only thing is its a big saw so it takes up space and is fairly heavy. All my experience has been great i love this saw but hoping they come up with a new version sometime in 2015 

• Like 1

Dude....seriously. I went to Woodcraft today and played around with it. My wife told me to buy it. What is wrong with me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

It's the price tag. This set up belongs to my friend that's a cabinet maker. I love this saw but I can't bring myself to drop the bucks. My Dewalt  DW718 does a great job but I really would like to get the festool.

• Like 1

Okay, so you got the 718...does that have the light for the work piece?

It did not but, I bought one for $35.00 and added. It works great inside, outside in the sun it is useless. You can get it online. I got my from the DeWalt service center. Easy to install after I removed the handle cover it had the plug to hook it up.

• Like 1

So your telling me ChrisK your wife was encouraging you to buy a Festool Kapex miter saw!?!?! You found a keeper there most wives will freak out if you buy a cheap Ryobi Drill :) It's good that she knows it a hobby you want to take up.

• Like 2

You are a lucky man Chris. My wife and I had this discussion the other day as she was packing for the beach. I was on the fence about buying the Hole hawg. She look at me and shook her head saying " as long as I have known you (we were 11) you have never pissed money away bills, family saving, has always on the top of the list. You have to start looking out for yourself more, It's not like you're going to buy it and it will never get used". So I order it but I still can bring myself to spend $1,400 on the Kapex.

• Like 1

That's my problem too Regopit. Too responsible. I will say she is really pushing me but I am thinking about getting the Dewalt 780. I was going to go with a Bosch but no lighting is actually a big deal for me as my shop is in the base,met. Still, $1400 is $1400 and we just got married. I'd like to take her to Ireland next year and I can get the Dewalt for 460 reconditioned.

The Dewalt might be tough with clearances with the slide. I don't know how you plan to set up your basement shop though. you need a good foot or more of clearance behind the saw with my Bosch. It sucks some times. I would love to be able to but it next to a wall sometimes.

That's my problem too Regopit. Too responsible. I will say she is really pushing me but I am thinking about getting the Dewalt 780. I was going to go with a Bosch but no lighting is actually a big deal for me as my shop is in the base,met. Still, $1400 is $1400 and we just got married. I'd like to take her to Ireland next year and I can get the Dewalt for 460 reconditioned.

Hey maybe I will see you there. The wife and I are talking about going back next year also.I mean how do you say no to and Irish princess?

jip_zps1e9f95df.jpg

I love my Bosch GCM12SD. So convenient to have it flush against the wall. Just install some nice shop lights in your basement and you wont have a problem anymore .P

The only problem I have with the bosch is all of the joints. Maybe in a shop it would ok but I move it from job to job.

• Like 2

Would you consider the Hitachi 12" saw it has a compact sliding system. It's also priced affordable its 309 at Big Sky Tool reconditioned, or 399 everywhere else new. Here is the link to big sky tool for the refurb http://bigskytool.com/Hitachi_C12RSH_12_Sliding_Dual_Compound_Miter_Saw_with_Laser_Marker_%28Reconditioned%29___i192.aspx

They also have a YouTube video going over how the saw functions

Trying to find a good review right now. Hitachi makes some good tools their pneumatic stuff is highly regarded. I just don't hear a lot about their corded or cordless tools. They should send TIA a review saw :)