Milwaukee 6950-80 Miter

ChrisK

With Mrs. Conductor I have a limited disclosure policy on tool purchases. I tell her only about the shit she finds out about ;)

ya same here, most of the time she figures out that i bought something again when the UPS truck drives up :D

or when a opened box is sitting in the shop/ laying in the trash can

I have no problem doing finish with it I just always check the blade for sq. and use a good blade as for the light I not sure but I like the add on one that I have . As for the Wife with a maiden name of O'Mooney how could she not like Guinness. The last time we were in Ireland she was big on the Snake Bite, Magners Cider on the bottom and Guinness floating on top.

Yeah I've been invited in the past to go with the pipes and drums band (I don't play just know a couple of members) but....that was another lifetime ago. I'm hoping we can go next year this time. Not so sure how I feel about warm Guinness but if it's Guinness I'll try it!

Thanks for the heads up about the saw and light. I'm really trying to figure out what I want (Kapex....but cmon, no way in heck, Samantha wants me to get it....I don't want to spend 1400?!?!?!?!?!?!) and Dewalt (yeah I know) looks like a viable option. I've been looking at the 782 (no light at all nor any option for one), the 780 ($600 looks awesome though) and the 717 (10"). Milwaukee? Maybe. Looks AWESOME, but two hundred more that the Dewalt. Makita....1016l or 1216l but man, mixed reviews up the whazoo, people love it or hate it. I've even considered and still think about the Ridgid 10" MS255SR. I really wanted the Bosch slider but no light option is a pain in the butt, especially in my shop.

In my opinion, dws780 or dws717 with xps light is the best saws in their class.

http://www.dewalt.co.uk/powertools/productdetails/catno/DWS780/

http://www.dewalt.co.uk/powertools/productdetails/catno/DW717XPS/

I do not know if you've looked at dws778, it is clearly also a great saw. and it also has XPS light.

So if I were you would be my choice will be between Festool or Dewalt if you want the best:-)

When I got my DW718 it came with the rolling stand which help make up my mind. The only downside is that they released the DW780 a few weeks later. The only advice I can give is no matter what saw you buy get yourself good blades I like the Diablo 12 in. x 100 Tooth Ultimate Flawless Finish Saw Blade or Forrest. I'm using a Forrest blade now that I picked up on sale of $120.00 they are pricey but well worth the money  

Budweiser?!?!?!?!?!? Seriously?!?!?!?!?!?! What the heck?!?!?!?!?!?

Thanks for the solid advice guys. I really appreciate the input and I'll check on that deal Chad. I am honestly the most annoying person I know when buying tools. I him and haw all day, watch tons of reviews or read them and like to physically try stuff out. I must drive Samantha nuts with this. I want to buy one time though (at least till I get bored)

You can always try one:-)

"90-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of your DEWALT Power Tool, Laser, or Nailer for any reason, you can return it within 90 days from the date of purchase with a receipt for a full refund – no questions asked."

• Like 1

Yeah, no question it's a great policy but....it IS a Dewalt! Still, I may try it out. The price is high but it see,s like a decent saw. A little concerned about the quality of cuts, I've heard mixed reviews on the rails for the 780 but I'm almost willing to try it. Regopit likes his 718 and I trust the fella so...Still looking but I will say this....are you sitting? I just bought the DW734 12-1/2" three blade planer, reconditioned from CPO Dewalt. Incredible price and I just opened the box and it looks and smells brand new. Thanks again Recon CPO! I have as of yet to be disappointed and this is going to be awesome planing all of those pallets I got from all of my pellet fuel! Several pieces of good wood waiting to be finished!

Nice buy Chris the only thing that I have heard bad about it my buddy says that the blades can get a lil expensive if I remember right I think he said about 50-60 bucks but other than that he loves it and he does quite a bit of wood work. Bro I bet it's getting brighter in your shop with all that yellow. ;)

• Like 1

Lowes is offering free stand when u buy saw. It's not the large stand like they offered last year but check around its that time of year when a lot of place are offering free stand, when u purchase dewalt saw.

Hey Chad, I just checked the site and there is no offer for the free stand. Is that a local deal?

Yeah, no question it's a great policy but....it IS a Dewalt! Still, I may try it out. The price is high but it see,s like a decent saw. A little concerned about the quality of cuts, I've heard mixed reviews on the rails for the 780 but I'm almost willing to try it. Regopit likes his 718 and I trust the fella so...Still looking but I will say this....are you sitting? I just bought the DW734 12-1/2" three blade planer, reconditioned from CPO Dewalt. Incredible price and I just opened the box and it looks and smells brand new. Thanks again Recon CPO! I have as of yet to be disappointed and this is going to be awesome planing all of those pallets I got from all of my pellet fuel! Several pieces of good wood waiting to be finished!

I know that I like my 735x and the people I know that have the 734 love it they have no complaints. 

Yeah, no question it's a great policy but....it IS a Dewalt! Still, I may try it out. The price is high but it see,s like a decent saw. A little concerned about the quality of cuts, I've heard mixed reviews on the rails for the 780 but I'm almost willing to try it.!

The saw is not better then the blade.. So if you get a great blade you will get a great cut.. You don't go wrong buying a Dewalt.. Says the salesman from Dewalt :-):-)

Well I'm hoping to try it out this weekend. I am going to start pulling apart a bunch of pallets today and the wood will be perfect for a book case / shelf I want to build for our dormer as a built in. I'm really hopeful this works out I looked over the machine and it looks brand spanking new. The only dust on it comes from sitting awhile. Great purchase too I saved over $100 for a new tool.