Squeaky Floors

BK13

So the GF has a two story house, maybe 10 years old, with squeaky floors. It's bad enough when her 14 year old, 4'11", 100 lb. athlete daughter walks across them, but when my 330 lb.-ish, former offensive lineman butt limps across, it's really bad....

She already wants to install new carpets, so that's a help, but what else is involved in stopping the squeaking?

And yes, I do view this as an opportunity to buy new tools... Track saw, anyone? Maybe M18 impact driver?

LOL

• Like 1

If its the second story floor you won't be able fasten the floor boards from underneath. But they make a screw with trim heads that you could use to fasten them from the top.if possible pre drill your hole and try to squeeze some glue down before you screw it.

@bddhome: why would you fasten the floorboards from underneath?

I would just use some screws and fasten the boards down, he said they put carpet on it anyways

I seen the vids from the old house as well to repair squeaky floor, good method.

@ BK13: u can still say you need a tracksaw, because some boards are damage and need to be replaced :P

@ BK13: u can still say you need a tracksaw, because some boards are damage and need to be replaced :P

Nice try, but if the carpet doesn't come up, it might be a hard sell for a new saw to replace boards that were never exposed. For what a TS55 costs, she could buy herself some Christian Louboutin CFM pumps. Almost.

Hard to say if I would enjoy the tracksaw or watching her walk in ridiculously expensive shoes more...

Particularly if she's, uh, footing the bill... (sorry for the pun)