Two Port Multi Fast Charger - DC18RD

M80

If it has usb it to charge you phone or tablet I can't think of any other reason it would have a port besides that. This might not even make it to North America, or it will be awhile Makita is slow at introducing new tools. I think them and Bosch kind take the cake at being the slowest tool companies.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why tool companies insist on releasing in foreign markets first, and then take a year or longer to release in the us. It seems to me they are snubbing one of their biggest consumers. And dewalt is pretty slow as well, the framing nailer was out for almost a year before we saw it.

I don't understand why tool companies insist on releasing in foreign markets first, and then take a year or longer to release in the us. It seems to me they are snubbing one of their biggest consumers. And dewalt is pretty slow as well, the framing nailer was out for almost a year before we saw it.

My guess would be they like to test their products in a smaller market than the US, before they have to commit to the amount of production required to supply the US market.

Indeed it does.

Another thing i'm pretty sure of:  Power tools are ALOT more expensive in the market here.   The power Tool market in europe offers the brands more margin and thus profits on their tools.

If i compare the price of powertools in USA compared to what we charge our customers here in belgium .....

I think european market provides more profit :)