New Dewalt 36 volt Yard working tool Line the 40V Max

Samuel L.

So dewalt just posted some new stuff on there website, its a 36 volt lithium ion line they call the 40V Max

it seems nice so far they have, they look great I think the large amount of rubber overmolded grips give it a professional looks like the 20V max line.

-DCST990 Brushless String Trimmer

-DCBL790 Brushless Blower

-DCHT860 22" hedge trimmer

-DCB404 4ah Batteries

Its a new line of tools and I think we are all interested into what they might add in the future.

DCST990M1_1_500X500.jpgDCBL790M1_1_500X500.jpgDCHT860M1_1_500X500.jpgDCB404_1_500X500.jpg

Thats the one think they should have made it dual battery like Makita. That would have been a nice option. The other thing it looks like its also not compatible with their other 36v tools which kinda sucks.

Yea but makita might have a patent on that dual 18 volt concept but all us team red and yellow I think are praying that they don't.

Yea I wonder if that's the case like Dewalt and the Radio charger patent. That was a pain to deal with for many years. I think the only big company that doesn't have a radio charger is Makita. Milwaukee kinda annoyed me with the M18 radio I personally would have liked it to support both platforms.

That's a great start. I would like to see a mower and a chainsaw to make it more complete. I agree with others that this should and could be done on the 20v. I have dewalt 20v tools, why should I have to jump to 40v or black and Decker 20v if I want cordless OPE?

Really???!!! They couldn't put the blower on there 20v/18v line...... I mean it's cool and all but that looks to be a expensive line to get into....

I have dewalt 20v tools, why should I have to jump to 40v or black and Decker 20v if I want cordless OPE?

Patience

• Like 1

Call me stupid, but why a new line next to the current 36V?

18v was followed up by 20v Max, yet the 36v line remains. They just got new batteries and a new cordles SDS hammer drill, which is really nice, but now 40v Max? 

Guess it's only for gardening type tools and not powertools?

Anyway, they look freaking nice and the leafblower comes in handy on a jobsite as well. Can see myself getting one.