DeWALT tracks/guiderails

Mr. Yellow

Then this will save you some hard earned money :)

I've seen a promo from DeWALT where they offered a custom rail with the circular saw DWE576, but I don't need the saw (already own one) and although it's nice to have a custom rail, I'd be too concerned about scratching it.

That said, I am photoshopping a pair of stickers as I type this, to stick on my rails so the next time someone uses my tracksaw they'd be damn sure to use the right side for the appropiate cut. Getting tired of replacing the splinterstrip after someone else tears it up.

This is pretty straightforward I hope...

Guiderail-Stickers-0%C2%B0.png

Guiderail-Stickers-1-47%C2%B0.png

I like the sticker idea! I may have to steal that idea too!

This is what happened last time my brother asked if he could borrow my tracksaw.

Got it back the next day looking like this...

geleiderail.JPG

I was well pissed as I had just replaced the strips the day before. Currently waiting for the new ones to come in.

Another thing I'm wondering about as I haven't seen anyone pointing this out, is if it's normal behaviour of the DWS520 when you do beveled cuts it won't touch the splinter strip (cut off square)? It's this way on my saw. The blade sits 2-3mm from the edge of the strip.

Festool doesn't have this, so does Mafell and I think any other brand. Or is my saw faulty?

Anyway, since the tracks have 2 sides it's not really a problem, but would've been nice to use the sides for 2 different kerf sizes and not worry about square or beveled cuts.

I do know the DWS520 has had 2 revisions (I own a type 1) but I don't exactly know what those updates were. I believe one is the blade locking system for changing out blades.

Seriously? I can't even imagine how he did that?