dewalt track saw

madman_us

I got one. Never used a Festool so can't compare them.

Really like it. A big plus is that you can use both sides of the track. One for straight cuts and one for beveled (if you wish)

The only downside is that they don't have longer tracks, but the saw will fit on Festool tracks and they have long ones.

I had the DeWalt track saw and had nothing but problems. Now that was a few years ago when it first came out. I have the Festool The 55 and 75. They are great saws. The advantage the Festool has over the DeWalt is the accessories. The DeWalt has 3 tracks but no way to join them together. The Festool has 9 tracks and you can join a mile of track together if you want along with a bunch of other things. The thing that really sets Festool apart from the others is the dust extraction . DeWalt $470 or the Festool $615

• Like 3

I got one. Never used a Festool so can't compare them.

Really like it. A big plus is that you can use both sides of the track. One for straight cuts and one for beveled (if you wish)

The only downside is that they don't have longer tracks, but the saw will fit on Festool tracks and they have long ones.

http://www.dewalt.co.uk/attachments/productdetails/catno/DWS5023/

Is 2.6 m not long enough, the Festool is 3 m

• Like 1

http://www.dewalt.co.uk/attachments/productdetails/catno/DWS5023/

Is 2.6 m not long enough, the Festool is 3 m

Exactly! 260cm is not long enough. I have all 3 tracks from DeWALT; the 100cm, 150cm and 260cm although I rarely use the 100cm.

The problem is most sheetgoods are either 244cm (plywood) or 250cm (MDF, multiplex,...) in length. So the 260cm rail is too short because you need some extra length for the saw. I often have to run the saw off the track near the end of the cut, which I don't want or move the track after I cut about 3/4, but this is definitely a no go as it is prone to cause errors.

I've been holding back buying the 300cm Festool, merely because of it's price, but recently found a German company that sells a 1:1 copy of Festool tracks for a fraction of the price (youtool.de) so I might buy a 300cm track from them. 

Although I've discussed this a few times with my DeWALT rep, but it seems DeWALT is not adding/updating anything in their tracksaw line.

And connecting 2 tracks, well, that doesn't work for me either. I've tried, but I can't line them up properly and besides and don't like it. Just want 1 rail for a long cut as it gives the best result :)

Exactly! 260cm is not long enough. I have all 3 tracks from DeWALT; the 100cm, 150cm and 260cm although I rarely use the 100cm.

The problem is most sheetgoods are either 244cm (plywood) or 250cm (MDF, multiplex,...) in length. So the 260cm rail is too short because you need some extra length for the saw. I often have to run the saw off the track near the end of the cut, which I don't want or move the track after I cut about 3/4, but this is definitely a no go as it is prone to cause errors.

I've been holding back buying the 300cm Festool, merely because of it's price, but recently found a German company that sells a 1:1 copy of Festool tracks for a fraction of the price (youtool.de) so I might buy a 300cm track from them. 

Although I've discussed this a few times with my DeWALT rep, but it seems DeWALT is not adding/updating anything in their tracksaw line.

And connecting 2 tracks, well, that doesn't work for me either. I've tried, but I can't line them up properly and besides and don't like it. Just want 1 rail for a long cut as it gives the best result :)

I have never be ask about longer then 2,6.. 2.44 is standard in DK and then the 2.6 is usefull

You can connect tracks together using the DWS5033 track connector.

It has been discontinued, a quick google search I was able to find some still available.

I don't think the track saw market took off quite as much as we expected it too for us. Launching it at the beginning of a recession didn't help either. 

• Like 1