P Pro CLM260TS sander faulty

axus

Hi.

My son in law has asked me to fix his finishing sander for him and I would appreciate advice please.

It is a P Pro CLM260TS. I plugged it in, switched on and it lasted about 2 seconds then nothing.

Took the cover off, switched on again and tested it. There is power reading from all the wires to and from the switch, including neutral, also at the brushes, which are like new and seating well.

Tried spinning the motor while power turned on but nothing.

Any advice will be appreciated whether it is economically repairable or a scrapper.

Regards

Keith

This is what I saw when I goggled the name and model number of the tool. I don't think its worth fixing. You would probably be better off picking up a new Ryobi. They have a bunch of different models and Ryobi is a pretty decent tool brand. If its something he uses every day he might want to step up to a higher quality tool, but Ryobi is fine for some occasional use and more. http://uk.ryobitools.eu/power-tools-en/sanding-en/

Back to your orgiginal question I don't think its economical to repair parts will probably be hard to find and possibly expensive if you do. With a new tool you get a warranty out of it. I'm not sure how long the warranty lasts over in the UK though.