Power Tool Reviews - What would you like to see

I really enjoy the comparison type reviews that highlight the differences between competing models with pros and cons to each. Something that helps you walk away with a better understanding of which one you want based on your needs. There are to many reviews anymore on most sites that seems to forget about the cons and leave you to believe that the tools is perfect and differ from an advertisement only in the sense that they are written under the guise of being impartial. I'm not suggesting one tool be made to look like a heap of junk, just that it's weaknesses be made known. For example, My Milwaukee 5262 SDS Hammer is a great tool for infrequent or intermittent use or overhead work. It's a full pound lighter than the Bosch Bulldog. However, it is not equipped with active vibration control and would probably not be the ideal choice for someone looking to use it several hours a day. Now, anyone could do some simple research and discover this for themselves, but one of the primary functions of a review is to do most of the research for you. I know the Milwaukee is a good tool, but under what circumstances do I need it instead of the Bulldog or vice-versa?

Oh, and as information, the lightweight design of the 5262 was the method by which Milwaukee chose to control vibration. I know, don't even ask. I love the tool because of the lightweight though as I mostly use it for Tapcons, small chipping or breaker work, or other occasional projects. Don't know that I'd prefer it for extended daily use though. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi I just discover a power tool in one website >> http://obsportal.blo...-power-and.html and this is Black and Decker CCS818 18-Volt Cordless Electric Chain Saw. The price is $101.95. I would like to know if this unit is durable to cut hard wood and the price is good enough.

I would not expect a lot from this tool, 18v is really not sufficient for accomplish much work with a power hungry tool like a chainsaw, and Black & Decker is at the low end of the quality scale. It should handle hardwood OK but I would not expect to cut a lot of it, or on having this tool work well for long if it is used often.

Overstock.com has it for $76.59

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would still like to see more on blades, bits and hole saws because these can make as big a difference as the power tool you put them in. :)

For example I am a fan of the Bosch multi-construction hole saws, why? because they are easy on your drill but tough and drill wood,brick, cinder block, tile, sheet metal e.t.c so saves so much time and over the year a lot of money. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to see a side by side for the 18v Circular and Reciprocating Saws out there. I've owned both the Milwaukee M18 (currently) and had the Makita LXT 18v saws. I actually liked my Makita circular quite a bit. Anyways, reviews of thos e would be great! Also I wouldn't mind seeing reviews on router bits and how they hold up. Thanks!