Porter Cable 20V MAX* Lithium 2-Tool Combo Kit - PCCK602L2R

BIGBEARJT

I seen this ebay deal last week on th TIA front page and had to jump on it, for $100 can't go wrong right? Its a manufacturer refurbished kit from black and decker, its standard brushed drill kit, but overall im extremely impressed with this kit, i initially bought several kits to give out to people who needed some decent tools on the cheap but may end up keeping one for myself and i got to say this easily the best drills for the money. ive used all the major brands to some extent, newer stuff within the last few years. my platform of choice is the makita lxt kits. side by side to the makita lxt 18v impact and 1/2 hammer drill, the porter cable kit easily performs just as well and in one case a little better, the impact driver actually drove screws faster than my makita lxt impact driver. driving 3 inch screws into some scrap fir 2x6 pieces. id say at least 1-2 secs faster. 

the 1/2 drill being a drill driver, no hammer function was solid performer, everyhting some spade bits, large auger bits, masonry bits, all at least 1/2" larger, it held up nicely compared to my makita. 

the drills have nice features such as battery gauge, magnetic bit holder on top to hold 2 bits, led light, changable belt hanger.

the build quality was nice, lots of over molding protection, decent grip.

batteries are compact 1.5ah capacity, held up ok, as much as you would expect for the size. charging time was stated at 30 mins and this was about right, it charged quick from completely dead. 

overall if you were looking to save some cash and get a nice drill kit, this would be one to take a look at first.

normal price range is $150-175 from places like lowes and cpo outlet. but i paid $96 for this kit, refurb from ebay.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271643761801?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1