Looking For A Good Sander

marty5

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't brought a sander already. Check these out. I'm basing this off of our sales of these sanders, my personal experience, and price point.

1: Skil 7500 3x8 Belt sander $59.95 new or $34.95 recon

2: Pouter Cable 371K 2 1/2 x 14 Belt sander $119.95 or $89.95 recon (MY FAV!)

3: Bosch 3 x 21 Belt sander $159.95 (Packs a mean punch but you can lower the speed)

I'm not a big guy at 5'5" 150 lbs... but it is a belt sander, If you can, have your wife test a buddies. The belt sanders can and will tug you pretty rough. If you have any questions fill free to ask.

• 1 month later...

It is really hard to beat a Porter-Cable Sander. If you look at all the school shops and cabinet shops, most of them are using the Porter-Cable Belt Sander.

Having been in the Power Tool business for 66 years, I do not feel there is one Power Tool Company that makes the best of everything. In my experience each Power Tool Company has a Power Tool that stands out from the rest. This is the Case with the Porter Cable Belt Sander. We sell this sander 2 to 1 to any other sander because of its reputation of longevity and durability. They have a flush side so you can sand against a flush wall.

The model #'s are 352, 361, and a 363.

The belt size is going to be the biggest difference and they make a 3x21, 3x24, and a 4x24.

Steve

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...