Well that hurt..not for the squeamish

Frain20

Good news!

I bought a van! Its not the vw caddy I wanted but it's a Citroen nemo..Its probably the better choice mpg wise returning over 50mpg!

Bad news!

Managed to cut the top of my indeed finger off whilst racking it..

Absolutely hurt like hell but it could of been worse I surpose..

Plastic surgeon jobby sometime today,let's hope I can still pull the trigger on the dcf895!

that sucks........if it is one thing I have learnt over the years is power tools or any tools in general have a one way relationship, you can love em all ya want ......they don't always love ya back.....

• Like 1

Ouch :( sorry to see that you got hurt. I know some circular saws and track saws in europe have riving knives for help with kickback. It's not common at all in the usa except on table saws. That's the one thing that scares me is a saw kicking back. A guy did a video about it on youtube and it was scary as shit.

dang that looks bad, for odd cuts that cant be avoided, i often used cordless saws, as the there isnt enough torque to have any major kickback. but ive had many close calls, was always wearing my PPE despite my experience with the tools, high quality gloves saved my fingers multiple times from saws and grinders. 

• Like 1

Yea today I was talking to the wood shop teacher at my high school turns out 6 years ago a kid cut off all his 4 fingers at an angle losing all his pinky finger to the top of his index finger turns out I know the guys younger brother and you cant even tell that the guy ever got them cut off he was lucky it was a clean cut and they got him to the hospital in 2 hours where one of the best hand surgeons in the country practices he was back to school in a week and had full range of motion on his hand in 2 months and in the end the only thing he has are 4 scars and the school now has a saw-stop table saw.

• Like 3

Best of luck, if they can't reattach you will just have to deal with shitty Nick names nubbs,ext.

Hahaha yeah stumpy.one of the lads sent me a picture of his finger and put JEALOUS at the bottom lol ..There cutting the bone back and stitching it over..nice