Makita brushless drywall screwdriver

NERemodeling

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the pamphlet Korno

a little while back i actually got to drive a few screws with it when my local makita rep was around. very little time using it but it is a really nice screwdriver, i love the feature where you can have it only turn on when you depress the tip so it cuts down on noise and battery consumption.  

i really dont do much drywall but i have a garage ceiling spray foam insulation job coming up where i will have to tear down and replace the drywall..  i was thinking of doing that job myself to justify buying this gun!  haha  

thought it would be cool to see a pros opinion of the gun and see it in real action

• 1 year later...

Anyone putting this tool through the paces now that its been out a while?

I don't do a lot of drywall, but do enough small patch jobs that Ive almost grabbed it several times now. It would be nice to just use it and not have to pull out the corded Dewalt. 

I can't recommend this tool.

I was very disappointed to learn it is only meant for left handed use.

I got used to using my left hand but after a bunch of screws the battery died and I had to throw it out and use the spare it came with. I plugged in that little black radio it came with it only plays music with you put the dead battery on it, and it only plays a few seconds of some crappy song. I threw out the radio too.

Got 1/2 the basement boarded before the back-up battery died too.

I drove to Home Depot and bought 2 more batteries for $149.

Both batteries were no good by the time I finished boarding the basement. I was pretty disappointed. What's the point of a cordless tool if I have to spend $300 for batteries on every basement?

I would recommend a good old fashioned screwdriver for putting up drywall, it's way cheaper than buying all those expensive Makita batteries. What a scam, they sell you the tool for $179 but the don't mention how expensive the disposable batteries are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I got used to using my left hand but after a bunch of screws the battery died and I had to throw it out and use the spare it came with. I plugged in that little black radio it came with it only plays music with you put the dead battery on it, and it only plays a few seconds of some crappy song. I threw out the radio too.

Both batteries were no good by the time I finished boarding the basement. I was pretty disappointed. What's the point of a cordless tool if I have to spend $300 for batteries on every basement?

I would recommend a good old fashioned screwdriver for putting up drywall, it's way cheaper than buying all those expensive Makita batteries. What a scam, they sell you the tool for $179 but the don't mention how expensive the disposable batteries are!

Wow I didnt know it comes with a radio. Definitely need to buy one.

I've been using the BL Makita since it came out.. have done a fair amount of drywall and even a ton of 2" subfloor screws. The thing runs like a champ! The push drive mode is great so you don't have to listen to it run when the trigger is locked for big jobs. If you get one you really won't regret it

• Like 2

I've been using the BL Makita since it came out.. have done a fair amount of drywall and even a ton of 2" subfloor screws. The thing runs like a champ! The push drive mode is great so you don't have to listen to it run when the trigger is locked for big jobs. If you get one you really won't regret it

2" subfloor screws are pretty impressive for a cordless drywall gun, especially considering what those screws go through.  Have you ever tried to see how large a screw it will drive?

I'm going to get one next drywall job that comes up, but I just wish there was a collated attachment because combining that with pushdrive would be a godsend.

And you only get like 4 channels on the radio anyway !  Waste of money !

• Like 1

2" subfloor screws are pretty impressive for a cordless drywall gun, especially considering what those screws go through. Have you ever tried to see how large a screw it will drive?

I'm going to get one next drywall job that comes up, but I just wish there was a collated attachment because combining that with pushdrive would be a godsend.

I will do some torture testing with it and let you know what it will do

I actually found a way to use it with the quick drive auto feed attachment from simpson. I'll post some pictures of my setup. Maybe even try to make a video.. I've been so busy lately that I know it won't be until at least the beginning of next week.

I will do some torture testing with it and let you know what it will do

I actually found a way to use it with the quick drive auto feed attachment from simpson. I'll post some pictures of my setup. Maybe even try to make a video.. I've been so busy lately that I know it won't be until at least the beginning of next week.

What are the rpms on the Makita?

Jimbo