Bosch Bevel Mitre Saw

chippy

Hi all from Australia have an enquiry about the new Bosch GCM 12 SD 12" Mitre saw have been trying to get some feedback on this saw so far my tool shop repairer is saying Bosch dont actually make the motor on this machine and he cannot recommend it . Currently have the Makita LS1 1013 sliding bevel mitre saw and have been happy with it but would like to update on this saw and was investigating the new Bosch unit. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

I am not aware of a "New" 12" Bosch miter saw, however, you can be sure that all the motors in most the tools and machinery are made in China. That is just how they do it these days.

Bosch makes a really great product, but when it comes to miter saw I prefer Makita. Makita has a stronger motor and a better reputation for durability and longevity with their miter saws. It also has a bigger table along with a dual bearing slide instead of a bearing bushing slide.

I sell a lot of Makita saws for these reasons.

Corbin

Bosch GCM 12 SD 12 <-- looks like the American Bosch 5412L.

It's a good Saw, most people tend to buy the 4410L (10" version) which had a lot of great reviews. If your doing big sheets of crown molding then you'll need the 12". The Bosch was/is rated higher than everyone else on the market. Even with our sales, most people brought that unit.

The question about the motor I'm unsure. You may want to contact Bosch directly.