New Shop Underway!

ChrisK

Well o got to work some more downstairs today. Man this has been a lengthy reno but is really is a blast. Today, I built a wall where the tool box was located, finished one on the opposite side of the shop and painted them both beige. I move my lumber storage over to the other side of the basement were I now have about 80 board feet of tiger maple. I am going to add at least one more outlet to the second wall, while I made a small door opening to a two pronged outlet that I truly did not want to re locate. Quick before shot from this morning and another with the 8' wall added. That wall will be extended 4 more feet at some point but no further. My mobile Festool carts will get some wiggle room and I can re organize by sas and routers. My Festool and Bosch sanders are already on the mobile assembly table in sliding drawers. Oh........man. My back is killing me.

It's actually quite bright down there thanks to the four fluorescent ballast lights and the fifth light bulb. I installed four light fixtures this past winter. Can't get too much brighter down there unless I remove the top two stories and have a glass ceiling

Hey Kruton, the Rolair JC10 and it's awesome!

I sometimes wish I would have gone that route. The bull is a little heavy but is a great compressor. It may have been nice to have a bigger stationary rolair for the shop and then the air buddy for away games!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Oh I got ya. The basement is a traditional style with a stair in the first third of the foundation. That's just a corner of the basement. After today, I added a storage rack for hard wood lumber on that wall. It will also serve as my lifting area as I have an Olympic cage I will be setting up there. Where all the pellets are is going to be a material break down area for my table saw, the pellets will be stored in the shed from now on giving me twice the size I am used too.

Yeah, I really love those lights. I scored to Gladiator metal cabinets in Woot for a steal so now I'm going to add another wall near the furnace and place them there. I moved the Rikon over to the wall next to the stairs. Nobody commented on the green lines!!!!!! Cmon! That's hardcore!!!!! I am moving the Kapex over to the new wall with its owned designated power supply for it and the Midi. I'm hoping to have the fast caps installed soon. I've got to put them together but making the new rolling cart for my Dewalt tool box sucked without support wings as I already toes apart the ones I made for my Kapex.

Oh and I forgot, last night I moved the U.S. Bennington Battle Flag over to the corner where the City water tie in is. I had to trim down the shelf I made and whipped out the Makita brushless barrel grip jigsaw. Man that thing is awesome!

that table came out nice bro and u put wheels nice job bro!!

Yeah, small casters that do lock but I want to be able to swing it of of the way and the way I had it set up previously was a pain. It looks like it might be flimsy as there is no lower support but the design was made so I can park it over other items to get it out the way. The 2x6 construction is reinforced underneath by several 2x4 cross braces preventing lateral sway when you roll the box out of the way. Glued and screwed all of the joints to boot.