New Shop Underway!

ChrisK

I wouldn't know what to do with those ceilings. I'd literally get nothing done as I'd stare off into what I would consider the upper atmosphere of space. ;)

One of my ideas for a new shop is a 14x28 shed with a garage door and a side door. A couple of Windows and a special place for what would be my Sawstop. You know, the one in my head. It'll happen at some point but having the shop in a "finished" way has been a real dream. Just getting to work with hardwoods that have been curing for over a year while waiting for this to get done is awesome.

Got lots done today......

1 pen in Purple Heart, 1 pen in African Mahogany, 1 small butcher block completed in Tiger Maple and Cherry, 1 large butcher block in Tiger Maple and Black Walnut (glued, ready to be planed then cross cut and re assembled)...

• Like 1

Dude I'm digging the purple heart pen! When they go into production let me know, I need a ChrisK original! Nice work bro, the shop looks awesome and you do great work. Really makes me want to get a woodshop setup. I am slowly trying to buy the main pieces. Miter saw is next on the list, followed by a good table saw. Keep posting pics man. Guys like you and comp keep me motivated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thank you Comp. I am really plugging away now too. I started an advanced woodworking class so I can learn some mortise and tenon as well as hand cut dovetailing so with this project I am designing my shop is going to be well coated with sawdust. Though the dust deputy is working out quite nicely.

Beautiful work there Chris, I got a challenge for you, I was given a cutting board for Christmas a few years back and it was designed for meat cutting where it collects the juices on the sides and sends it to a larger spot until you can dump it, pretty cool if you could do something like that.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad idea Jimbo, I'll try it on my next one. I'll try it on a non end grain board like this one as I'm a little nervous about getting the juice pooling in the grains. My Wife is going to use this one as a serving platter and hot plate. She's on the way home now and she's been really excited about getting this one as I got all of the other ones down and out to their owners. I'm going to make one a little bit smaller than this one and I will try to incorporate that channel in it!

Being I posted the other ones here, I just finished the last of the batch of cutting boards. I made this one for my Wife to go with her pen. This one is Tiger Maple,Cherry and Black Walnut.

. Wow bro those came out sweet!! Dude really awesome job Chris, I need to get into some wood working classes to learn more man I'm so behind..

. Wow bro those came out sweet!! Dude really awesome job Chris, I need to get into some wood working classes to learn more man I'm so behind..

Thanks Mike, no class need dude. This is actually a fun project that I know you could do!