New Shop Underway!

ChrisK

That's just a shame Comp I've got the ocean 20 minutes away, the lakes regions 30 minutes away and I'm and hour from the White Mountains. And 20 minutes from Woodcraft..... ;)

I am lucky to have a Woodcraft, and a WoodWerks (It's basically a Rockler Store) with in 25-30 minutes from my house.  But I do miss living in Rural Northern Wisconsin, which is basically an American version of Canada LOL, except no hockey.

I am lucky to have a Woodcraft, and a WoodWerks (It's basically a Rockler Store) with in 25-30 minutes from my house.  But I do miss living in Rural Northern Wisconsin, which is basically an American version of Canada LOL, except no hockey.

but lots of cheese......

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Protool those are a combination of Jet and Bessey K Body Revo parallel clamps and some Dewalt XL clamps. I have a bunch of 12" "F" clamps on a rack below the charging station.

The flag is the Bennington Flag and was flown during the Battle of Bennington in Vermont where militiamen from NH and Massachusetts backed by Vermont militia defeated British and Hessians forces.

The rubber mats, yeah. I've got a bad back. They actually inter connect via tabs and are super dense. And thanks for reminding me....I don't have a garage :(

• Like 2

The rubber mats, yeah. I've got a bad back. They actually inter connect via tabs and are super dense. And thanks for reminding me....I don't have a garage :(

Thanks Chris, I never thought of putting some mats down, has I have a bad back also. I do have a garage, but its not heated/air conditioned, thus I rather have my shop in the basement. Although getting new machines is a pain, for me its worth it. 

• Like 1

Thanks Wigwag, I get the mats at HD and was buying them one or two at a time over several months. They are 3'x3' and are $25 each. They have tabs on two sides making them inter connectable and they are really high quality. Especially for a damp basement. The bottoms of the mats have tiny ridges and they are festooned with holes that allow for quick drying. As far as heat, it was -14f this morning and I use a kerosene torpedo heater with an open window to keep the shop above 50!

Thanks Wigwag, I get the mats at HD and was buying them one or two at a time over several months. They are 3'x3' and are $25 each. They have tabs on two sides making them inter connectable and they are really high quality. Especially for a damp basement. The bottoms of the mats have tiny ridges and they are festooned with holes that allow for quick drying. As far as heat, it was -14f this morning and I use a kerosene torpedo heater with an open window to keep the shop above 50!

your basement not heated? or just not insulated? as for dampness run a dehumidifier for a few days get that water out of the air and it will become easier to keep warmer as well. I guess I have it made in my basement shop, fully insulated and drywalled house is  built on top of a hill, basement is only 4 feet in the ground and front is less with the entrance to basement ground level it is as warm as the rest of the house even though it is -30 outside......

Thanks Mike!

Comp, I got two dehumidifiers that run most of the spring and summer. Insulated walls? What's that? This is an old New Englander Cape. I've got a foundation with more cracks than Obama care.

Jimbo, nope.

That's why I'm moving outside, I'll heat with a wood stove in my new shop.

• Like 1

Thanks Mike!

Comp, I got two dehumidifiers that run most of the spring and summer. Insulated walls? What's that? This is an old New Englander Cape. I've got a foundation with more cracks than Obama care.

Jimbo, nope.

well then I am lucky then, heat and dampness is just something I don't even think about, I walk down the stairs to my shop there is no temperature difference and because the other half is our livable space rec room/theatre room ect ect it is like sitting in the living room. our house is circa 1905ish probably a lot newer than yours 

Thanks Mike!

Jimbo, nope.

That's my dream shop to have a wood stove for a heater

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No insulation Protool. Just cracked concrete! The new shop will be insulated with the wood stove. I'm with you Jimbo. I'll have a nice chair and a tv, a beer cooler. You know cause power tools and beer ,makes good wood working,

said the three fingered carpenter...

What Comp? That's why I bought the Sawstop. I can drink a few beers then make highly accurate cuts on my table saw ;)

My wife makes fun of me. I don't drink anything hard. I will only have one or two beers maybe twice a week. If I have 2 beers I am completely useless. At 220 I should be able to drink five or six but two is the magical number.

• Like 1

What Comp? That's why I bought the Sawstop. I can drink a few beers then make highly accurate cuts on my table saw ;)

My wife makes fun of me. I don't drink anything hard. I will only have one or two beers maybe twice a week. If I have 2 beers I am completely useless. At 220 I should be able to drink five or six but two is the magical number.

ya back in my working days I was the booze cop, we had so much equipment that was not forgiving I refused to work with anyone that had been drinking....after awhile I became known as the drink cop of the shop.....I don't drink at all myself never have and I'm no way against it but there is a time and a place and work is not one of them......

As long as you know the limit dude, I don't drink nearly as much as I used to just a beer or two occasionaly everyone ha those days pounding beers but far and few between now.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk