Dewalt Trade Up program

MikeyB

There's a Dewalt Factory service shop not too far from me, I stopped by to check it out but they were closed. I noticed they have a program where you can trade in old power tools and put the rebate toward new tools. Has anyone tried this before? I have a few dewalt,porter cable, black and decker power tools I would like to get rid of. I would rather trade then in then throw them away...

Thanks

Yes, I have used it a few times.  As my old consumer line tools wear out, I trade-up to new DeWalt tools.  Good marketing move by DeWalt.  There are some restrictions.  For example you cannot trade-in a DeWalt/B&D/Bostich/Stanley/Porter-Cable (i.e., B&D Family) tool for a new DeWalt tool unless the B&D Family tool you are trading-in is no longer made or parts are not available.  For example, I traded in a P-C Bammer (early generation gas nailer) for a DeWalt 18-gauge 18V nailer, but only because the Bammer was no longer made and parts were not available.  Did the same for a broken Harbor Freight drill for a DeWalt 18V drill.

I have two other tools I want to upgrade.  One is a Fein 14.4V drill with dead NiCad batteries and it is big and very heavy.  The other is a P-C Contour Sander set which P-C no longer makes.  My problem is I do not need another drill or sander.  Wish I could trade-up for another DeWalt tool.  For example, a DeWalt Rotary Hammer Drill and a DeWalt 18V 16-gauge, 23-degree Nailer.  Maybe the Fein drill & DeWalt hammer drill might go together, but I doubt the contour P-C Contour Sander and DeWalt Nailer would.  In these cases, eBay might be a better way to go, then apply that money towards your new tool of whatever brand.

Where to go to do the exchange.  Any DeWalt/B&D Family service center, many independent tool or hardware stores.  Maybe Home Depot, Lowes or Menards.

• 5 weeks later...