rigid 18v

ekimw23

Ridgid is cordless is really nice and the LSA is nice to have. It does work the on only downsides is the turn around time can be slow with it and you do have to jump through some hoops to register the tools. Other than that I like the Ridgid set I had for a short time the only thing was the lack of additional tools at the time like a grinder and impact wrench. They have filled out the line more, but if you want some specialized tools you might want to go with another brand. If you just need basic cordless power tools Ridgid is a great buy.

Total agreement and welcome to the forum! Ridged LSA is plagued by negative Nancy's but when I was a Ridgid owner I did as DR said and registered my tools. Twice I needed battery replacement ...no problem. They have a small but reliable line of cordless tools and they have some okay and some downright awesome bench and stationary tools. My brother is a plumber and loves the Ridgid plumbing line.

Ridgid is a weird deal the cordless and construction tools are made for Home Depot under contract by TTI who is a big power tool company. They own Milwaukee, manufacture Ryobi tools sold outside of japan, HomeLite, and, AEG and some I just can't remember off hand. The Ridgid plumbing tools and vacuums are made by Emerson Electric with the Ridgid name being owned by them. It's a weird deal but that's how the arrangement works

When I went to Milwaukee 5-6 years ago I strongly considered Ridgid. The only thing that prevented my from going with them was the lack of tools and bare tool options they had at the time.

That has changed now. They have a much broader range of tools and should serve most people just fine.

• Like 2

I would also say if you can swing for Milwaukee then go that route. They make great tools and constantly introduce new, innovative options..

i have Milwaukee m12 tools and love them, I use Makita 18v because that's the battery platform I got into about 6 years ago.. I must say the Makitas have treated me very well

Milwaukee has a brushless M12 circular saw coming out soon. So you could cover all your bases with M12 tools if you wanted now.

That's gonna be one sweet saw from the looks of it.. I think m12 (mostly fuels for the extra power) would be a great cordless tool choice for 90% of users out there.. it's incredible what they pack into those little guys