Carlyle Tools

NC-Fordguy

I feel that Carlyle is very underrated. Not many people know about them and a lot of people bash them for being foreign but their stuff rivals the truck brands to me. Their wrenches are similar to snap on for far far less money. Their sockets are a thing of beauty too. My 3/8 ratchets that I have from them are stupid strong. If any of you guys need some good hand tools for a decent price I would highly consider Carlyle.

• Like 2

I feel that Carlyle is very underrated. Not many people know about them and a lot of people bash them for being foreign but their stuff rivals the truck brands to me. Their wrenches are similar to snap on for far far less money. Their sockets are a thing of beauty too. My 3/8 ratchets that I have from them are stupid strong. If any of you guys need some good hand tools for a decent price I would highly consider Carlyle.

Not the most widely available unless you go to Napa

• 1 month later...

More sockets: NAPA has their 'Real Deals' quarterly flyer out, and the 3/8" drive mid-length/semi-deep sockets are featured in it, so I bought the SAE set to go with my metric set I just bought.

DSC_4394_zpsqkr5znks.jpg

DSC_4398_zpsedzpao3x.jpg

DSC_4403_zpsy2okxxac.jpg

DSC_4406_zpshfm9rqrq.jpg

• Like 3

Sockets are $35 and $44 for SAE and Metric respectively. I see that they also have the ratchet I just bought for a good $20+ less than I paid. 25% off a mightyvac kit, everybody needs one of these. Some pretty solid deals on racing jacks if you decide you really need something better than HF.Screenshot_2016-05-17-03-28-00.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BK13 said:

More sockets: NAPA has their 'Real Deals' quarterly flyer out, and the 3/8" drive mid-length/semi-deep sockets are featured in it, so I bought the SAE set to go with my metric set I just bought.

DSC_4394_zpsqkr5znks.jpg

DSC_4398_zpsedzpao3x.jpg

DSC_4403_zpsy2okxxac.jpg

DSC_4406_zpshfm9rqrq.jpg

Do you think you could put them side by side with some full length deep well sockets?

I'll see if I can find some tonight in the disaster area that is my garage.

I doubt I can bring myself to spend the money, but the long combo wrenches (that the C-Man wrote a glowing review on) and the flex stubby ratcheting wrenches interest me...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BK13 said:

I doubt I can bring myself to spend the money, but the long combo wrenches (that the C-Man wrote a glowing review on) and the flex stubby ratcheting wrenches interest me...

Yeah, I've been looking for some long non Pittsburgh combo wrenches as well. I almost bought a set of gear wrench stubby flex wrenches on amazon myself, but I gotta pace myself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BK13 said:

I actually ordered a set of metric long combos this morning. 

• Like 2

My long combo wrenches made it in and so far I'm impressed. I figured I would test out the open end with the no slip design to see how it worked and man do they grip. They didn't slip any and it kept gripping until the head snapped off the bolt. I ordered a few sizes of flex ratcheting wrenches too. They should be here next week.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, NicholasShetley said:

My long combo wrenches made it in and so far I'm impressed. I figured I would test out the open end with the no slip design to see how it worked and man do they grip. They didn't slip any and it kept gripping until the head snapped off the bolt. I ordered a few sizes of flex ratcheting wrenches too. They should be here next week.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That is badass bro

1 hour ago, NicholasShetley said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Man I really really need to stop by my Napa store

11 minutes ago, NicholasShetley said:

I'll measure them in the morning. Do you want me to compare them to a regular wrench too?

Nah, I just want to see if they are as long as the Pittsburgh's. If they are I'll probably buy a set. Thank you a ton.

@BK13 thought I was in katos thread for ac moment, so many pictures lol

Yeah, I've been looking for some long non Pittsburgh combo wrenches as well. I almost bought a set of gear wrench stubby flex wrenches on amazon myself, but I gotta pace myself.

Yeah it's a struggle when I can blow my money but know better. .. you planning on saving up for something big, this usually isn't you're style LOL!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1