Winter is Here....finally.....

comp56

where we live ( very top of great lakes) we are no strangers to cold weather during the winter months, generally by now we have all our snow removal tools in full play. However this year was a slow start....with major mood swings for example:

Dec 24th 3 celsius or 37.4F and pouring rain......1 week later wake up to -37 celsius or a whopping -34.4 below zero........still no snow but colder than a well digger's arse.....

Today was the first day in the teens here this winter. This time last year we had -30 degree farenhight windchills and about nine inches of snow on the ground. It hasn't been too bad so far this year. We only had one light snowfall and that has been it. I'm not complaining at all.

I went for a walk last night and my Wife and I and out dog Rufus got about a quarter mile from the house and turned around. 50 all week and 11 last night. To cold too quick. At least it's not ice or snow but accuweather just said 6-10 Saturday night. Here comes the snow :(

Out here in riverside we don't get snow we almost did wed but the news said this has been the coldest in about 6yrs we had to go out and buy all the kiddos beanies and gloves it's been pretty cold out here in the lower 40's so I can't imagine how it is where all U guys are at.

ya it has calmed down now still no sign of snow but little milder today......but I don't rule out snow we get it every year and last year was one of the worst for snow ...........we have a 20' x 18' deck and last year I think it was down to about 2'x3' lol.........

Been in the mid 20's in NorCal at night,had to wrapup my waterpipes outside. highs around 40F are typical in winter.

Hey Fazzman, where in California. My Dad and second brother were born in Redding and my third brother (I'm the oldest of 4) was born in Nevada City. When I was a kid I lived in Dunsmuir, Corning, Grass Valley and Marysville. My Dad back then was a Bank of America Bramch President after he got out of the military.