Festool tracksaw

chadlanthier

The big thing for me is pairing to a dust collection unit, that's a big deal for me. But Dewalt and Makita now have proprietary DC units that work pretty well. Also you can go to Grizzly and check their track saw out. It doesn't get great reviews but it doesn't get terrible ones either. Additionally that kit can be had for under $200!

i meant a festool tracksaw, i am looking into the makita and the discontinued dewalt

That's fine with me, I think they all probably make good units. You could even check for a used ts55eq (older festool model but almost identical to new one, especially same motor) anything less than 3 years old will come with a 100% all inclusive warranty.

I agree with Chris too that if you aren't in need of the best accuracy or perfectly smooth cuts than the grizzly will probably be plenty for you.

Chad, that is the MFT/3. Does your saw ride in the Festool rail? If so you are in for quite the treat. Additionally, if it doesn't, buy yourself some bench dogs for you table. You get perfect 45* and 90* angles and the use of your Dewalt track.

All in all Shade, remember, you get what you pay for and saving up for a while you can get that Makita or Dewalt and be one lucky dog! No more getting plywood ripped at the yard or store, perfect cuts every time. I've even watched a guy do dados with his track saw. Time consuming buts effect.

i meant a festool tracksaw, i am looking into the makita and the discontinued dewalt

Wait, what? Discontinued? Or do you mean the cordless models? (18V or 28V)

If you want/need one, get it. Regardless of the brand. One of the best inventions since sliced bread.

I'm using the DeWALT for several years now and can't go without it. 

You really can't go wrong with one.

@ Chad, the DeWALT tracksaw will ride on the Festool track, so according to Chris, you're in for a treat! :)