blades for DCS355D1oscillating tool

Equuleus

I have just purchased a DCS355D1oscillating tool, and several starter blades. The tool seems beautifully designed! But the blades are a bit expensive (for me).

I see that there are several sources of inexpensive blades available online that claim compatibility with this Dewalt tool. While I'm sure these blades will be of lesser quality, I wonder if anyone has tried some of these cheaper options? If so: What brand/model blades did you find compatible, and which seemed of at least reasonable quality?

Thank you.

I re-sharpen almost 90% of my blades (for cutting wood/pvc light gauge metal), some of the difficult ones to re-sharpen are the very high end bi-metal blades (ie: imperial blades, storm series)

all is done with a good quality triangle file and elbow grease, each blade takes about 60-90 seconds for me to sharpen... sometimes I will even put a "wave" in the blades with a pair of needle nose to have more clearance for the tang when cutting

there are so many uses for various blades, the majority of my uses included Hard woods and different grades plywood

dewalt (porter cable, Rockwell) makes good blades, blades that are compatible with Fein will work with dewalt, one just has to 'cut' them if you want them to fit the quick release attachment, even if you do cut them, they will still fit the previous make

I have just purchased a DCS355D1oscillating tool, and several starter blades. The tool seems beautifully designed! But the blades are a bit expensive (for me).

I see that there are several sources of inexpensive blades available online that claim compatibility with this Dewalt tool. While I'm sure these blades will be of lesser quality, I wonder if anyone has tried some of these cheaper options? If so: What brand/model blades did you find compatible, and which seemed of at least reasonable quality?

Thank you.

Hiya Equuleus,

Congrats on getting the DCS355D oscillating Multi Tool.   If you want to stick with the Dewalt Quick change you can run Rockwell blades or Dewalt Blades. Rockwell blades are cheaper and I would say from my past experience are in the same quality as the dewalt blades. Since price is an issue for you, order your blades  online from Zoro.com.  search <   DWA4203, DWA4206, and DWA4208 > or Dewalt Oscillating Blades.  If you want to run Rockwell blades, it is about the same price to shop at Lowe's or Home Depot then the internet .   Always cheaper to buy the 3 packs then individual blades also. 

I picked up a cart full of blades from Lowes when they did planogram change. Bosch, Dremel & Rockwell. Bigger tasks, I'll use the Bosch & Dremel as I won't need to change ladies frequently. When I'm doing more fine finish work or tasks that require frequent changes, I'll stick with DeWalt or Rockwell.