Harbor Freight, who owns what from there?

Northern Rebel

I know that they seem to be known for cheap tools, but it does seem like people like em. They have a lot of stores, I personally only own some screwdrivers and some tarps from there, but has anybody gotten anything like their Sawzall, miter saw, grinder, or any other power tools they offer? I also saw a cheap little wood stove in there before that looked decent for a camp or garage, and I love their free coupons haha. Take some pictures if you have any of their tools. Have a good weekend everybody! 

Most people here tend to stay away from their power tools, but will buy some hand tools and consumables from them. They are also one of the best places to get an automotive jack and mechanics tool chest. Harbor Freight has the best bang for your buck.

• Like 1

I have their new professional ratchets, digital caliper, temp gun, and some gloves. I have bought my grandpa an angle die grinder and a right angle air drill and they aren't that bad. Like DR said their aluminum jacks aren't bad at all. I haven't been around their steel ones though. The professional tool boxes are great for the price.

I bought there 12in double bevel sliding compound miter saw last week to take to a job site in the ghetto <disclaimer: not meant to be a racial slur since peeps are way to sensitive >.  Only reason I did, I didn't want my Dewalt to get stolen like my table saw did.  I have to say, 134 bucks that damn thing ran true and didn't skip a beat.   But then again, I only have 15 hours on it.  

we have tooltown here that is pretty much same as HF.......yes lots and lots of second rate hand tools power stuff but I manage to buy something every time......zip ties, foam brushes knick knacks...ect ect....in fact last time i was there they had dust cover pads for a whopping nickle each pack so for less than 1 penny ea as 6 are in a pack ......perfect for wiping down wood before treatment/stain/clear coat.......I bought all they had for $1.30....lol

I bought my first cordless drill from there many years ago and till this day my father in law still uses it for lil jobs but the damn thing still runs I took a pic of it but I think it was on wifeys phone I will try to find and post, as for the aluminum jacks they are awesome we use them at the shop a lot for securing cars on the frame rack at work as there so light to pick up and take down easily.

I buy their small 7x9 tarps whenever they give the coupon for like $2.50. Their moving blankets, while not the most durable are great for the sale price of around $9 and even better when they have coupons

I buy their 5 mil nitrile gloves often

Their pen style pocket blow gun is great to keep in the tool bag/pouch and for the usual sale price of $2 is impossible to beat

I have heard great things about their purple colored hvlp gravity feed paint gun.. I own one but haven't used it yet

I own their ratcheting bar clamps and quick release bar clamps and they work pretty well so far.  I did have one ratcheting clamp fail.  But for the price you can get them on sale I can handle a failure.  The HF 12 inch quick release bar clamp is $3.99 and the Bessey 12 inch is $11.97 at the HD.  I do want to get a few Bessey K body clamps.

you will probably want to go in the store and play with the clamps to see what you think.. i looked at them once and ended up passing.. the bars all seem to flex quite  bit and the jaws didnt seem to be parallel to eac hother.     im definitely not saying that they wont work, im sure they will serve a purpose, just assess your needs and go from there.

they definetly are much cheeper

i have irwin quick clamps that are quite old and keep on ticking and Bessey K-body Revos in both 50" and 24"   the besseys are slick!

I just got a set of 29 brad point drill bits for 11 bucks with a 20 % off coupon. Haven't used them yet but they seem good for the money. That would change it they don't hold up at all, but at that price point I can't go too wrong. I get there paint brushes for touch up stuff and just throw them out instead of cleaning them. Good for a quick touch up. They will leave brushes in paint at times. HF has it's pro's and con's that is for sure. If I am in the area I stop and look around.