Is this out already?

Bigmikez

Bigmike, im not sure if you saw in the upper corner of tool nut page, below the price, it says it will ship late January.   so its kind of like a pre order i guess

here are the links that shoud take you right to the saws

bare tool;  http://www.toolnut.com/Milwaukee_2530_20_M12_FUEL_5_3_8_Circular_Saw_p/2530-20.htm

kit; http://www.toolnut.com/Milwaukee_2530_21XC_M12_FUEL_5_3_8_Circular_Saw_p/2530-21xc.htm

I will be doing runtime testing on this when it comes out.....the big thing for Milwaukee with the M12 FUEL is that it will cut 2x material in one pass & will also cut through a lot more OSB than the previous version.

It is NO WHERE near as powerful as the M18 FUEL 7-1/4".

I am guessing it will come in about 40-50% of the cuts as the M18.....we will see soon.

This is nice for someone that is invested in the M12 platform that could use a cordless circular saw, doesn't want to spend at ton on a 18v version of the tool. Having to buy a whole circular saw kit with two batteries isn't cheap this is a nice option for someone that doesn't need all abilities of a bigger saw.

• Like 2

Yup DR and it would be great for cutting down sheet goods outside of the lumber yard before throwing it in a car or SUV. I'm looking forward to some reviews on account that I cant see spending more cash on another cordless saw. I really am liking my Dewalt 20v but the Milwaukee 7-1/4 and Makita 7-1/4 really look appealing. Plus you can buy the Makita for 229 with two batteries (sans charger though) on Home Depot online.

• Like 1

I will be doing runtime testing on this when it comes out.....the big thing for Milwaukee with the M12 FUEL is that it will cut 2x material in one pass & will also cut through a lot more OSB than the previous version.

It is NO WHERE near as powerful as the M18 FUEL 7-1/4".

I am guessing it will come in about 40-50% of the cuts as the M18.....we will see soon.

Looking forward to the review!!

Nice saw, question its usefulness. It maybe great for small cuts. But beyond that, I don't know.

That's exactly what I am thinking.  Perhaps it might be useful for a roofer cutting ridge vents.  I'll stick with 6 1/2 or 7 1/4" 18 Volt or the double 18 Volt battery Makita.

Yea there is a bit of marketing bs in that video for sure, but there isn't anything they can really compare to in the 12v world of tools. It gets a little weird trying to find tools to compare things to all the other 12v circular saws are tiny that can only do really shallow cuts this saw can actually cut 2x material.

Yea there is a bit of marketing bs in that video for sure, but there isn't anything they can really compare to in the 12v world of tools. It gets a little weird trying to find tools to compare things to all the other 12v circular saws are tiny that can only do really shallow cuts this saw can actually cut 2x material.

Then why not say its in a league of its own leave it at that, and stop coming off as a bunch of narrow minded Nazis who are full of themselves, honestly power tool marketing makes me sad.

I would say it has less to do with fascism and more to do with comparing it to units that are similar in size or price. Comparing it to the full-size Fuel doesn't do anyone any favors because they have different niches, similar to the 12v Fuel drills being compared commonly to compact 18v instead of the big buggers. This marketing is aimed at size, price points, and the work cycle expected of them.