Why I hate Home Depot....

comp56

so let me get this straight, a tool intervention is when a bunch of people get in a room and talk about all the tools that can be purchased right? oh wait maybe that's tool convention......

@madman_us they have to find my wallet before they can lock my credit or debit cards and on top of that I would never bring it to an intervention......

• Like 1

so I was out and about this afternoon and you guessed it..... I swung by HD again to get a damn lid for the bucket I got the other day...anyway when I was there last I picked up a 14pc pack of sawzall blades that were reduced from $29.97 to $7.46 I happen to get the last one....well today they restocked the shelves with more so I figured at that price I will grab 2 more seeings ya can't have enough blades......as it turns out when I got to the cashier they rang in this time at regular price and I said sticker says reduced she says show me where .....I took her to the area where I got it from and sure enough reduced....we went back to cashier and she charged me 1 cent each......say what?......

20150114_1745271.jpg

20150114_1746211.jpg

I hope u went back and cleaned them out for 1 cent. The best deal I ever got was when I purchased dewalts 20v right angle drill. When I purchased it, the 1-2 switch seemed a little funny, so sent them an email. They sent me a new drill and told me to throw the other one out. When I got the new one, the switch was the same. So I sold one on eBay and enjoyed my free drill.

Home Depot isn't supposed to sell you anything that clearances down to a penny. A lot of people have gotten burned seeing something marked down pretty good but then it rings up as a penny and your screwed. You have to go to self checkout and hope none notices. Anthing selling for a penny at HD is either supposed to be sent back to the manufacture or damaged out and tossed. Either way HD makes more money that way than selling something at a loss. You can also find some deals on online order returns that are not sent back sometimes either. I think I posted about it before one of the HD's by me had like 5 of the M18 jigsaw bare tool on clearance, but the label never went down it never went cheaper than $95 at that price I wasn't really interested. Then one day I check them out to see if anything changed they were all gone. I asked the tool guy and he had no idea what happened. It would have sucked if they were cheaper and they were just thrown away, or someone got all of them super cheap to resell. I still have a Makita LXT sander I haven't used because I don't have any batteries or a charger.

dude not your fault bad business for the company you work for however, made order for over $500 and everything in stock at time of order....turns out half my order went to back order........WTF?

rant: it's not that bad it ends up back ordered, however it is bad for a website to take 3 days to tell you if anything they should have a real time counter at time of ordering.......6 in stock 5 in stock as they are ordered......I order a lot online from a lot of web sites and I have never come across this before.......rant over.......