M12 miter saw?

Matty Alou

Welcome Matty, 

That would be pretty slick...   i doubt its in anyones cards in the near future but never say never...    it would be cool to have a little 5.5" balde scms.. maybe dual 12v batteries?    it would be perfect for quick little trim jobs, casings and base boards wouldnt require too much power and it would be so easy to move around and setup in small jobs.     i would consider buying one for sure. 

milwaukee is just releasing their fuel 12v circular saw which looks to be a big leap in the 12v circular saw world,  so i would say its definitely doable

I don't know if the m 12 would be powerful enough to run a chop saw. if they are making a skill saw then it could work.

I don't think there would be a big market for a 12volt chop saw. but it would be one of those tools that would be handy for small jobs.

I have a small dewalt non slider that I use for wooden ceilings and mouldings etc. its great , good dc, small,

if someone made a small chop saw  for their battery platform I would buy it. I know dewalt have one on the way and Makita have one for a while but they are big saws. I would like a saw that fit in a festool systainers or dewalt tough box etc. if it cut a 4x2 I would be happy

• Like 1

I don't know if the m 12 would be powerful enough to run a chop saw. if they are making a skill saw then it could work.

I don't think there would be a big market for a 12volt chop saw. but it would be one of those tools that would be handy for small jobs.

I have a small dewalt non slider that I use for wooden ceilings and mouldings etc. its great , good dc, small,

if someone made a small chop saw  for their battery platform I would buy it. I know dewalt have one on the way and Makita have one for a while but they are big saws. I would like a saw that fit in a festool systainers or dewalt tough box etc. if it cut a 4x2 I would be happy

The only saw that comes close would be the Ryobi chopsaw. It's pretty small and compact it also uses cheap 7 1/4" circular saw blades. I'm not sure if Milwaukee would ever do a 12v miter. I can see them doing an 18v saw, but the 12v while it could be done technically I don't think they would be cause it would be a slow seller. Maybe I'm wrong on that if they could push the m12 lineup to be more homeowner friendly. The brushed M12 tools have a pretty good pricepoint.

See, I almost think that I would prefer a super small 12v scms over an 18v (unless the 18v was also suuuper small) for the very light duty and small jobs the saw would be as small and light as possible for all other jobs it probably makes sense to break out the corded saw

that way you have both ends of the spectrum covered

just a thought

in all the years owning chop saws I cant think of one time I would need a cordless large chop saw. if it needs the capacity then it needs the power.

there have been countless times when a cordless small saw would have been used over a big saw. usually cutting slips and mouldings

I don't know if 12 volts is enough but they could use 2 batteries or and 18volt.

My problem with seeing an M12 (fuel) miter saw is the blade size. Would you want it small and compact so the max size is a ~5-7" blade?

To be honest, Im hoping for a M18 Fuel Miter Saw in the US (I believe a non-fuel is available in the UK?). Hopefully smaller than the picture:

Milwaukee-M18-Cordless-Miter-Saw.jpg