new Sanding Station

comp56

well picked up a sanding station from a local ad, came with almost brand new Ridgit oscillating spindle belt sander along with a Craftsman 4"x 36" belt and 6" disc sander all mounted on a custom work bench with built in storage space below....countless new sleeves of various sizes and extra set of rubber spindles......$100

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

• Like 3

The sandpaper alone was probably that much. You got a heck of a deal Comp. I feel your pain DR, the only decent deal I have seen was a lightly used snap-on mg725 1/2 impact for 250 at a pawn shop. It is normally 490 for full price. Other than that all of the tools that they sell are worn out and they usually want about %80 of what a new one is.

• Like 1

yup when I got there I was met with another guy looking at it too.....buddy said sorry to the other guy as he was there to look at something else and that I was the guy that called about it...good thing I showed up when I did.....btw he also threw in a brand new 105" aluminum straight edge......

that's a really good deal comp. the hole set for $100 wow.

I saw a similar local ad but just for the craftsman sander kit. and they want $150 for it.

im looking forward to buy something like that too, but I wait to get a nice deal like you :P

at the bottom you can see what I was eyeballing - but not for that price :P

• 5 months later...

So do you work a lot with wood there Comp? Cause I think working with wood is a lot easier then working with metal. And I like me some sanded wood, smooth as glass kind of feel when your done.

hey proto, well everyone has an opinion........I work with a lot of wood yes but for 33 years I worked with metal, for the first 7 years as a machinist then I moved into fabrication as an engineer.....trust me when I say I have been involved with both wood and metal....depending on what you are doing there is no easy with either of them.. if your just cutting a 2 x4 with a circular saw or building fine furniture or cutting a piece of angle iron with a band saw or building a 900 foot 38 ton conveyor  

• Like 1