2015 products

Matty Alou

Have been selling both these models ( and mostly barrel ) for a few months now here in belgium.  Not a single issue so far.

These tools do feature a " soft no load " function similar to the Festool Carvex.  Regardless of your speed setting the tool only works at a low speed when no pressure is applied to the blade.

That way it is alot easier to align the blade to where you want to start cutting. As soon as you apply pressure the tool revs up to the speed you have selected on the dial. 

I have had customers who bought it but didn't try the tool in wood ( so just pulling the trigger without sawing in wood )and came complaining that the tool doesn't have any speed. And when you demo the " Soft no Load " function they're all  very excited =D

All in all they work like a charm :)

Thanks for letting me know about the top handle version, NERemodeling. Although I'm more interested in the barrel grip, I'm going to have to start looking around to see how much the top handle goes for and how it feels in my hand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Makita-XVJ02Z-Cordless-18V-LXT-Brushless-Jig-Saw-Tool-Only-NEW-Lithium-Ion-Volt-/181647223234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4b04a9c2

That guy on ebay is great for hot off the press makita tools and always good prices compared to others. I've bought several times from him and am always happy.

Have been selling both these models ( and mostly barrel ) for a few months now here in belgium.  Not a single issue so far.

These tools do feature a " soft no load " function similar to the Festool Carvex.  Regardless of your speed setting the tool only works at a low speed when no pressure is applied to the blade.

That way it is alot easier to align the blade to where you want to start cutting. As soon as you apply pressure the tool revs up to the speed you have selected on the dial. 

I have had customers who bought it but didn't try the tool in wood ( so just pulling the trigger without sawing in wood )and came complaining that the tool doesn't have any speed. And when you demo the " Soft no Load " function they're all  very excited =D

All in all they work like a charm :)

Going to have to tell this to my boss we have sent about 4 out for warranty already.

When you us a barrel grip jig saw you look back at your old top handle and it's like looking at the girl you went to prom with that was a knockout at the time, but now has a million dollar ass only if you value it at .50 a pound.

I hope I never have to use a top handle again

It's not a Makita but my Festool Carvex is the best jigsaw I've ever used.the barrel grip is phenomenal. And you can get a coping foot for most of these barrel grips and do free hand coping for a variety of tasks most notably crown molding. I won't go back to a D handle again. Madman picked up the new Bosch which is an incredible machine and Makita happens to make a highly rate barrel grip jig saw themselves for a great price.

Thanks for letting me know about the top handle version, NERemodeling. Although I'm more interested in the barrel grip, I'm going to have to start looking around to see how much the top handle goes for and how it feels in my hand.

i did a little looking around and the company Samuel L works for, Kmstools.com has the barrel and the top handle each for $260  shipping to the US is around 25   so by the time you factor in the exchange rate from US to Canadian dollar the US price with shipping is actually more like $230.     I'm thinking i might order the barrel from them. 

i did a little looking around and the company Samuel L works for, Kmstools.com has the barrel and the top handle each for $260  shipping to the US is around 25   so by the time you factor in the exchange rate from US to Canadian dollar the US price with shipping is actually more like $230.     I'm thinking i might order the barrel from them.

Nice find, NER! KMS tools might be getting my business as well.

Illini, you might be able to find a better deal if you dig around a bit... make sure they or even your credit card dosent charge any sort of foreign transaction fee (or that's it's small at least) also remember, bare tools or batteries only. No chargers Or corded tools.. I'll let you know if I go for it and what I end up with

Samuel, can you tell me if there are any other fees or charges you guys have for US orders? Or what I should expect?? I've seen another Canadian company who charges a "brokerage fee" of around d $26 which I think was actually tied to the ups shipping.

Also, if I needed warranty work, what would that be like?

Samuel, can you tell me if there are any other fees or charges you guys have for US orders? Or what I should expect?? I've seen another Canadian company who charges a "brokerage fee" of around d $26 which I think was actually tied to the ups shipping.

Also, if I needed warranty work, what would that be like?

Well we use purolator so I don't think there are any add on fees in the shipping and the power tools come from the states so they shouldn't have anything that would make a service center know that they  are purchased in Canada. But don't expect warranty from the no name brand stuff or stuff you don't have in the states.