The big TIA stack off

Mr. Yellow

found this earlier on Festool USA's Facebook (what the heck am I doing on there?)

I so want to tip that over...just kidding ;)

Wonder how much more that VAC can hold....they must be all empty...

the f-ed up thing is based only on the number of sustainers he has, about 45, my stack should be 33% taller than his!!!!!!!!    that is insane and there is absolutely no way i am going to try to add them into a single stack..  if he didn't empty all those then he is a nut job!!!

This is almost double the festool then what we usually have in stock at my work at one time

haha   if  you guys ever can fill an order due to low inventory just give me a call and ill see if i can help out :)    

they obviously aren't all filled with festool.. a good amount of them are but the others have all my non festool tools and accessories in them 

I don't have any to stack.....

they definitely aren't for everyone..   you do the majority of your work in a shop, correct?  i don't think they offer as much value it that type of a situation because you aren't moving your tools around and you can have dedicated spaces for all your stuff...   then again they do offer a very clean look for storing all your tools even in a shop..

the f-ed up thing is based only on the number of sustainers he has, about 45, my stack should be 33% taller than his!!!!!!!! that is insane and there is absolutely no way i am going to try to add them into a single stack.. if he didn't empty all those then he is a nut job!!![/quote 33 % more damn!! NER that's a lot! Very cool.

• 2 months later...

I know 'Mr Yellow' would have seen this on Social Media, but me and a couple of other Dewalt die hard supporters were working a film in East London.. I met these Guys (along with Mr Yellow) at a Dewalt Event @ Silverstone F1 circuit in the UK a couple of years back..

The opportunity came together for us to work, on a project, and inspired by this thread, we decided to empty the Vans for a 'Stack off'...

55 boxes later, and here we are....

Go big, or go Home.... lol...

11157015_10206456073421699_1720803487_n%

11178448_10206456073981713_822247156_n%2

11130704_10206456073581703_1992052199_n.

• Like 5

Respect!!

The one with powerplug, what do use it for..

The Box with the Plugs is a DS400 that my mate built.. It sits in the very back of his Truck, on the same style of racking as myself and Mr Yellow... It has a retractable lead that pulls out and allows the Box to plug into a local 240v power source.. It then means that either 240v tools or 110v tools can be used.. If need be the box can be removed from the rack and taken closer to where you are working. 

Some people might think it a bit overkill, but it is essentially the same as a transformer, but can be moved around on the Tough System trolley...

haha.. yeah it sure is a lot..   Cool, but also a little unsettling when i look back at how much i have invested in gray plastic boxes!!!!!  

Two rules in Tool Fight Club

1. We don't talk about Tool Fight club

2. No whining about the money you spend. (as far as the wife knows it cost 20 bucks)

• Like 3