10 " Table Saw

MikeyB

I had the 4100 and now have the dw745.. it's not that I didn't like the bosch, it's just that for me, being a mobile contractor and storing all my tools in a trailer, the bosch was just too big and heavy. The gravity stand was nice but the pneumatic tires let the saw sway a little when running material across it and the stand only added to the weight and size.

the rack and pinion fence on the Dewalt is really nice compared to the bosch. I'm completely happy I made the switch and would never go back..

the 7491 compared to the 745 is much nicer also I I would say without a doubt go for the dewalt.

I am big on dust collection and love how the dewalt has a sealed blade housing below the table and also above the table dc.

Now I'm no dewalt fan, in fact this is my only dewalt tool.. they just happen to make really nice table saws...

Thanks guys for your input,and thanks for the TIC review ChrisK... I am leaning toward the Dewalt, but have some time before I pull the trigger. I have an old Craftsman table saw and might be able to turn in in for a rebate on a new Dewalt at the Dewalt service shop by me....

Good for you Mikey! Glad to help. I really like my Dewalt. The price and the FENCE were my deciding factor. I was worried about no dado but some of the members quickly pointed out to route them which is what I do normally so this is not an issue for me, more of a brain fart :)

I got to assemble the new Sawstop portable job site saw at work last week and the ting is nice, the fence system is really solid and it has the best storage solutions for the components out of any saw I have seen also the guard is so sick, but if you have 1500$ and are concerned about the very very low chance of your finger coming into the blade go for it.

Yea when I can afford it its on the list I guess after talking about them once a week with customers I convinced myself that I want one, then again another reason I want one is because I have absolutely zero experience using a table saw when I was doing woodworking in junior high the only person allowed to use the table saw was the teacher, now the rules changed because they have a nice 3 horse sawstop bought from were I work, but due to the fact I have no experience I view it as the most important safety measure.

Then again when I do get one getting employ discount on them it is a nightmare I have heard only half a dozen people have got them on employ discount and there have been around 750 people who have worked for KMS.

I picked up my new Dewalt Table Saw today the DWE7491RS.. I took advantage of Dewalts Trade Up Program and handed over my old Craftsman 113.29901 table saw and they gave me the Dewalt for $510.00..I think that's a pretty good deal. Thanks to all for helping me make the right decision.....