dewalt 40v outdoor tools

framer

Debating on what to do I have a Greenworks 80v snow blower which I did have to exchange for an issue with the chute but worked great on some pretty deep packed snow. The problem is I have the Ego Leaf blower and Hedge Trimmer. Now I'm stuck with 2 different battery platforms. for yard tools. Do I keep what I have, or do I sell the Ego and move into the Greenworks system.

That's a hard one DR I'm really wanting to pick up the Ego blower as my craftsman has been wanting to give up on me lately. The ego looks like it would fit my needs all I need is the blower and have been wondering how the hedge trimmer works I hae a navel orange tree, tangerine tree and a avacado tree that I trim every year and was wondering how the Ego would do.

yea that sucks that U have to go to another battery platform to get the right tools for the job.. I really love the power of my gas tools but I'm stuck right now with deciding on wether I want to get into cordless or stay with gas......DR have U found any good milwaukee battery deals?

Looks great but price a bit much, and no need to add another battery platform to my lineup.  I'll stick with my Black and Decker cordless blower, wacker, trimmer with the hollowed out b&d battery modded to fit my 18 volt Dewalt batteries.  About to make another mod battery for the 20 volt dewalt  battery just have to get a sacrificial tool and cut the base off it.

This is what I did...Not that flashy but functional.  Just used an old base from an old DW919 flex flashlight, chopped it down, took out the insides of the B&D battery I had, cut a hole in the bottom to put the dewalt base in it, connected the wires to the terminals(make sure you get the correct +-)  Glued it in, good to go.  MUCH longer run time then those B&D batteries, and don't have to wait forever for them to charge with those super slow chargers they give you.

Going to do a 20V MAX setup next since I did convert everything to that. 

Still  have a few 18V batteries for my tools that are not out yet in the 20V line( Finish nailer, hand vac).....Still waiting DeWalt......

On of the worst moments I ever had was a stupid Black and Decker pole nicad chainsaw. Like you mentioned hardly any runtime and the charge time on the battery was like 8 hours. It was only a few branches but I figured why not get the powered one it would make life easier right? I took that damn thing back so quick to Lowes and bought a good ole human powered one. The worst part they are not even my trees its a neighbors that planted trees right on the property line next to my garage. A building can't be covered by trees or you will have issues later on.