drill attachments for paint stripping

epabella

Sure I can help you out, but just need some information. What type of wall? Is it concrete, wood or something else. Is the surface smooth or is it a brick and uneven. I could go on and on about what to use, but it is easier if I understand what you are trying to do, then I can give you my best advice.

hi, the wall is smooth concrete. My room was presumably the linen room of the previous owner where the help had their soap stars patched over blotches on the wall. Turns out the guys who renovated the house before we bought it painted over 2 or 3 lousy paint jobs as well as pinups glued on the wall. There was also water leaking from the ceiling and it added water damage to the crummy paint job that I'm stripping.

Well I know this isn't the answer you will be looking for, but the best way clean this up is elbow grease. I would grab a scraper and a wire brush. Scrap all the lose stuff off. If there is paint that is sticking good, leave it on as it will act like a primier. Once you get all the lose stuff off, grb some warm water, just water, and wipe down the walls. Once it dries, run your hand around the wall to make sure all the lose stuff is gone. Once it is gone you can now paint. The bare spots, i would prime as some concrete acts like a sponge and will soak up all the paint. I have tried a lot of different tools out there, including chemical, but the best way and fastest way was a scraper and wire brush.

I agree with carp. They do make professional tools out there, but not worth buying if you are doing a small space. Usually the best way to remove paint from concrete is a pressure washer, but considering this is in your house, I wouldn't use water. I would pop on some tunes, put on a mask and use the scraper and the wire brush, you will be suprised how quick it goes.