Drill recommendations

frysk

I have recently eased my way into installing ductless/split AC systems. I have been using a Craftsman 19.2 V drill for driving screws and hole sawing 2-5/8" holes. The drill has been doing pretty well for a $100 drill but I do run into situations often enough when I putting holes in old, hard, double 2x6s or I need to anchor screws in foundations so I'm looking for a hammer drill that can do those things. Initially I thought I would get a cordless that could do it all like the DeWalt DC925KA but after talking to a co-worker he suggested a corded Milwaukee like the 5387-22 and keeping the Craftsman around do drive screws. I guess I have pretty much decided that having a corded drill is the way to go for a variety of reasons (no battery issues, more power, cheaper, etc.) but I was curious if anyone else had any other thoughts on my situation. Thanks.

It really depends what you will be doing also. I have a cordless Milwaukee and love it, it pretty much goes or does anything I want. However, I do have a corded Milwaukee drill and love it. I don't use it much but when I need to drill bigger holes, mix mud or anything else, I break out the corded drill. Your right, no battery issues or anything else. The only reason I would get a cordless drill is if your Craftsman was getting ready to die, then I would sink the money into a nice cordless system instead. The corded will last a life time, as I said mine is old but still runs great when I have to break her out of the bag.