Rems Curvo Electric Pipe Bender

MikeyB

I've never welded, wish I had that skill though. A couple of years ago was brining home a pontoon boat on trailer designed to raise and lower( the pontoons hung over on each side rather than sitting on trailer). It was great for shallow spots, but terrible for corners. I went around corner going maybe 10 mph and ende up with boat tipped over onto pontoon. Long story short need up with a lot of road rash. I was not seeing holes but was concerned, so I brought it to marina who welded it. 3 weeks later and $1200 later my concerns were resolved. Oh and the regular guy was off so it was not the best looking job.

I've never welded, wish I had that skill though. A couple of years ago was brining home a pontoon boat on trailer designed to raise and lower( the pontoons hung over on each side rather than sitting on trailer). It was great for shallow spots, but terrible for corners. I went around corner going maybe 10 mph and ende up with boat tipped over onto pontoon. Long story short need up with a lot of road rash. I was not seeing holes but was concerned, so I brought it to marina who welded it. 3 weeks later and $1200 later my concerns were resolved. Oh and the regular guy was off so it was not the best looking job.

I wish I could learn to tig weld only knowing how to mig and oxy is kind of not ideal for doing fine welding on small objects.

I think that their welders are hit or miss. Personally I would start off with something like a Miller 211 or something similar from one of the top brands. The customer service will be much easier and you will have easily accessible consumeables.another thing is that if something goes wrong with a welder from one of the top brands then getting parts should be much easier.

Would love to learn how to weld one day, was thinking of picking up a cheap welder at Harbor Freight, anyone have luck with these inexpensive ones?

Go with a Miller Milermatic 141 auto set if you want to do MIG there 120 volt and pretty cheap for the quality you get and there really simple for the hobbyist.

Would love to learn how to weld one day, was thinking of picking up a cheap welder at Harbor Freight, anyone have luck with these inexpensive ones?

rent a welder for a weekend, play with it no sense buying a welder first.......remember welding is not for everyone.....

• Like 1