Dewalt's TrackSaw

carp

I am a small contractor with about 23 employees. I saw your news on the new Dewalt Track Saw and wanted to find out more about this. I was looking at getting a Festool track system a while ago, but have been side tracked. Now I see Dewalt has one out. Also I was reading some of the resonses under the dewalt news on this site and saw Makita has on or will have one out. Anyone have any experience? Is it worth the cost, does it save time. Any feedback would be great. Also how do they hold up and do they really produce a better cut.

I never knew Makita had one. Never tired the Dewalt Track System, I will have to ask some of the sale guys who come to our sites about the Dewalt. I don't own, but have tried the Festool system and it is very nice. I can see how this would be a great item to have on the site. We are going to purchase some new tools at the begining of the year, so I am going to look into this more. I will provide feedback about what ever system we get and let you know.

By the way who every runs this website, thanks for all the info. I like your reviews. Good to see before we go out and buy tools.

Here is a recently released article comparing the Dewalt and Festool Track Saws. I think you will find the information very helpful. http://www.toolsandmachinery.com/articles/get-on-track-7/.