Just when you think you have all the tools you need

RobertMcNjr

Your brain out of nowhere tells you "You don't have this, you need this. Buy it, now."

I only need a few more tools before I'll be content I think...

Tools I'd like to get to finish the collection is

-Dewalt Compact Table Saw

-Dewalt Compact Table Saw Stand

-Dewalt 20v Right Angle Drill

-Dewalt 20v Hammer Drill

-Dewalt 20v Finish Nailers 16g/18g (Hoping they come out soon)

I don't know how many times I've told myself this.... seriously man, it will never stop.. I'm not kidding.. there will always be something else

you will want upgrades, speciality tools as the needs arise, it will even come to a point where you will start buying doubles of everything so you can have one in the truck/shop and one on site..

I can't tell you how many lists I've had like yours outlining the last few tools I'd need to have "everything" or how many times I told the misses that if I get this tool I won't need any more!! thousands and thousands of dollars worth of tools later and I'm still not done.. at least now I realize I never will.

• Like 1

I don't know how many times I've told myself this.... seriously man, it will never stop.. I'm not kidding.. there will always be something else

you will want upgrades, speciality tools as the needs arise, it will even come to a point where you will start buying doubles of everything so you can have one in the truck/shop and one on site..

I can't tell you how many lists I've had like yours outlining the last few tools I'd need to have "everything" or how many times I told the misses that if I get this tool I won't need any more!! thousands and thousands of dollars worth of tools later and I'm still not done.. at least now I realize I never will.

seriously NER U hit the nail right on the head Man U get to the point where u have one in the truck one for the garage and one at my bed sight lol! It will never end daaaamn!!!

sad story but true......ran into a guy I went to school with the other day and we talked for awhile over coffee.....asked the typical bullshit questions about this and that....ect ect.....now here is were I get to my point.....

he looked worn, clothes were dirty and he looked like he just climbed out of a ditch........he wasn't working and was trying to get a place to live....about 15 minutes in the chat he says you wouldn't have 20 bucks I can get off of you? I knew back in the day he had alcohol problems and his wife left him a few years ago.....it looks like he hasn't got any better........I ask him for what? he says some food.........I say ok let's go I buy lunch.......I could tell he may have needed to eat but he wanted the money for something else........anyway back to my point.......I may spend money on tools because of my addiction to tools and I know there are many people with other addictions like alcohol and worse but at least I can go downstairs to my shop and see my addiction........and it is still worth some sort of % of what it cost me.......

• Like 2

sad story but true......ran into a guy I went to school with the other day and we talked for awhile over coffee.....asked the typical bullshit questions about this and that....ect ect.....now here is were I get to my point.....

he looked worn, clothes were dirty and he looked like he just climbed out of a ditch........he wasn't working and was trying to get a place to live....about 15 minutes in the chat he says you wouldn't have 20 bucks I can get off of you? I knew back in the day he had alcohol problems and his wife left him a few years ago.....it looks like he hasn't got any better........I ask him for what? he says some food.........I say ok let's go I buy lunch.......I could tell he may have needed to eat but he wanted the money for something else........anyway back to my point.......I may spend money on tools because of my addiction to tools and I know there are many people with other addictions like alcohol and worse but at least I can go downstairs to my shop and see my addiction........and it is still worth some sort of % of what it cost me.......

The last two sentences are so true, I am sorry for your friend. I've had friends who are lost in the alcohol and their is nothing I can do I feel, my wife has a sister who is 31 years old. Is living at her parents place and binges, dates pieces of crap guys who beat her and I fear one day she will be homeless. Which at that point I've talked to my wife about letting her stay with us and we'll get her into rehab somehow.

• Like 1