Cordless

RobertMcNjr

ya would like to see a cordless router, but the chances of Milwaukee coming out with a fuel M18 version is slim to none then again Milwaukee hasn't had  a great track record for any good routers in the past.....

I cant wait for a portable router, I don't see why its not possible.

Well If you look at the requirements of a router it needs to be able to spin a bit at 25,000 RPM and have the torque to keep the blade from jamming so that requires a pretty beefy motor and most DC motors cant handle that kind of rpms the fastest DC tool motor I have heard of is a Milwaukee drill motor that does 22,00 rpms if I remember correctly.

Never knew that existed!! I wonder why no one has really jumped back on that bandwagon..

thinking about it a bit more, when I'm using a full size router it's typically mounted in a table, I usually always want dust collection and it's usually for a decent size job. Maybe cordless for a full size isn't so necessary.. a nice palm router would be great though for that quick round over or other small odd router job.

Wow Samuel! Nice freakin' find! Like John, never saw that before!

Yea there was a guy who brought in a whole ton of old woodworking magazines to our "tools for the world" charity at work but we don't accept magazines so I took a box home and saw this in a add in some of the magazines.

another add I saw from PC was this bad idea that must have been mentioned in a meeting.

06201.jpg

Yea there was a guy who brought in a whole ton of old woodworking magazines to our "tools for the world" charity at work but we don't accept magazines so I took a box home and saw this in a add in some of the magazines.

another add I saw from PC was this bad idea that must have been mentioned in a meeting.

06201.jpg

I remember seeing this beast

Porter-Cable - BN200V12 Cordless Finish Nailer This cordless finish nailer from Porter-Cable can be powered either by a battery or by a conventional hose-and-compressor setup This finish nailer shoots straight 18-ga. nails and uses a 12v battery to power a small onboard compressor. After two or three shots, the compressor empties and has to recharge