Router Dust Collection Set Up **Success**

comp56

so if ya haven't heard or read about it...... I do a lot of routing, I do some free hand and some with bench....

I have come up with a set up to give me routing at around 90% dust free....function or fashion here so you might see some stuff that is still in a beta stage if you will....

as you can see I have the fence plumbed to extract the main dust collection and I also added a secondary hose for bottom pick up that works well to remove falling debris.....I also add a video to show it in action....

NOTE: the video shows just scrap pieces also please be kind this is my first attempt at any kind of tool video...

DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0491.jpg

• Like 3

I have the incra fence on mine connected to my festool ct22 vac with a short 50mm hose.

suction and dc are amazing but there is always a small bit that finds its way down.

I discovered this one day I was outing  loads of pine . I was creating a special moulded piece for the top of some wainscoting . several hours into routing I look under the table to see a huge pile of chips and dust. I was shocked . luckily I didn't cook the router it was up to the bottom of it

I have the incra fence on mine connected to my festool ct22 vac with a short 50mm hose.

suction and dc are amazing but there is always a small bit that finds its way down.

I discovered this one day I was outing  loads of pine . I was creating a special moulded piece for the top of some wainscoting . several hours into routing I look under the table to see a huge pile of chips and dust. I was shocked . luckily I didn't cook the router it was up to the bottom of it

Alan, was there a problem with the DC or was it just a lot of stock you were buzzing through?

at first I was in the same boat, everything looked good on top but box below was collecting so it all changed when I added the second line to bottom.....now I'm happy with probably 95%+ collection...... is it fancy looking, far from it but it works.....