Milwaukee 18v Fuel 3/4" Rattle Gun - Truck Wheel Nuts

Nick Bowers

Hi,

Does anyone have one of these? I want to now if it will take wheel nuts off a truck (large truck not a ute) I have a massive Makita 240v TW1000 which takes them off no worries at all, but this little 18v tool has better specs on paper.

Just wondering it anyone has first hand experiance with them? All the videos on youtube are taking car wheels off, i can do that with my little dewalt i already have.

Cheers,

Nick

I don't have one but I do know a lot of modern vehicles have very low torque ratings for fastening rims now compared to years ago.....so its no surprise to see some of these cordless impacts ripping off lung nuts with ease.........

Hi,

Does anyone have one of these? I want to now if it will take wheel nuts off a truck (large truck not a ute) I have a massive Makita 240v TW1000 which takes them off no worries at all, but this little 18v tool has better specs on paper.

Just wondering it anyone has first hand experiance with them? All the videos on youtube are taking car wheels off, i can do that with my little dewalt i already have.

Cheers,

Nick

I have a friend who is a semi truck mechanic who has one and rips off the bolts of a 18 wheeler in one charge.

The 2764 is the same size/weight as the 2763, except for the following :

3/4" Anvil (vs 1/2")

1,200 ft-lbs Breakaway Torque (vs 1,100)

375 ft-lbs Mode #1 Torque (vs 100)

750 ft-lbs Mode #2 Torque (vs 700)

So pretty much this is the most powerful cordless impact period.  The problem that people will run into, is if they dont use 3/4" drive sockets & instead use a 3/4"-1/2" adapter....the torque loss will make it less powerful than the 2763 & also 2" longer.

It sounds like with you working on semis, that isnt an issue.....so the 2764 is definitely the right choice!