impact driver or combo kit?

James Duncan

i have been trying to decide between m18 fuel milwaukee or dewalts lineup.I just read now milwaukee will have a "compact" line rolling out march 1st.. its pretty similar to the XR series from dewalt.. In my travels i found out that the dewalt flex torq line is better than the red shockwave bits etc and for my personal DIY and household woodworking things probably dont need a full sized m18 etc...

im trying to decide between the DCF985  impact (like that it can accept 1in bits for super tight spaces and has a push button bit ejector) and the 3 speeds for small fasteners and 3 leds $229 at home depot with charger and 2  2.0 batteries

DCF895D2_1_500X500.jpg

or the DCK281D2 which is a combo kit with the DCD790 20-volt max 1/2 in. drill/driver, and DCF886 20-volt max 1/4 in. impact driver on sale for $259 for 2 tools charger and 2   2.0 batteries

DCK281D2_K1_500X500.jpg

i know an impact can drill etc and i do fasten more than i drill but this will be my first impact and im not sure which deal is better ... 2 tools for a lil bit more or 1 impact with more features... i will primarily be fixing DIY stuff around the house and light woodworking projects and cabinets etc birdhouses dressers etc..

yeah its basically a free drill for the price of an impact .. i just didnt know if i really need 2 tools or can basically do everything i want with just an impact.. i basically just drill pilot holes from time to time and thought maybe get the better impact etc..

i would buy this kit - comes straight with 2x lboxx 2's. bought that kit about 2 years ago (just without the lboxxes from lowes for the same price)

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-CLPK234-181L-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Batteries/dp/B00BQV5IW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424468491&sr=8-1&keywords=CLPK234-181

71-kJ2%2BzedL._SL1500_.jpg

( i know not everyone likes bosch, more dewalt nuts here) :P :P

Wow u gotta tuff choice on ur hands man I have the Dewalt set and lovem but I also have some tools from milwaukee and I love them 2 though I haven't tried milwaukees fuel hammerdrill and impact I'm super happy with there 1/2 inch impact, blower and right angle 3/4 ratchet I'm kinda afraid if I do pick up the fuel set I might jump ship...