Lawn equip is out!

RickyMcGrath

I wish Milwaukee had some outdoor yard equipment. I can't believe the cfm Dewalt got with the 20v leaf blower. Its not too far off from the EGO I'm sure the runtime is a lot less. I really don't want to have a ton of different battery platforms.

I wish Milwaukee had some outdoor yard equipment. I can't believe the cfm Dewalt got with the 20v leaf blower. Its not too far off from the EGO I'm sure the runtime is a lot less. I really don't want to have a ton of different battery platforms.

DR I know the brushless 20v blower is around the corner and i have a lot of 20v batterys and I reallllllly don't wanna jump on another battery platform voltage wise but man I have that itch to buy....
  • Like 1

DR I know the brushless 20v blower is around the corner and i have a lot of 20v batterys and I reallllllly don't wanna jump on another battery platform voltage wise but man I have that itch to buy....

I know that itch all too well, but If you don't need another battery platform don't do it. I'm kinda effed between EGO and Greenworks now. I think I will Sell my EGO stuff when the season is hot and get the greenworks hedge trimmer. I have the little Worx gt2.0 string trimmer from TIA it works great so a new string trimmer is hard to justify. I also have a gas powered commercial 4 stroke edge. I got that really cheap as a return. It blows some white smoke but it works.

While the CFM is outstanding for a battery unit, the speed is a bit lower as well. I have a floor fan that's over 4,000 CFM for instance. Of course their purpose is different, but numbers aren't everything. I look forward to a hands on review that compares it to the market before I jump, but if it's legit this will probably be my new addition since it comes in kit form with a 5.0. 

I assume this is a us only release so far.

any word on an eu release.

I am in the market for a blower. I was going to buy a petrol one but this would be great . I only need it for a small bit at home but would use it on sites for clean up of the yard after sawing etc.

I would be interested in a hedge trimmer . it would be good for light touching up of hedges. little and often affair

I can't find out the spec's on the ego blower regarding the MPH only CFM which is 480 with an hour of run time on low. The new greenworks 80v is 500cfm with 125 mph. Green works is saying 70miniutes of run time with that one, but the charge time is fast only 30 min for a 2.0ah pack. The worst was the Ryobi blower I had it worked but it was so slow to get anything done.

Initial impression.... I'm impressed. The Chargers include a wall mount bracket. The ergonomics are nice and they're well balanced. I didn't Fire them up yet, didn't getbyhe batteries on the charger until about 30 minutes ago.

rick let us know how they do when u run them I'm really interested bro I can't for the 20v blower to hit the stores 2.

UPDATE:

The blower is great! I've been using it to clean my job sites and roofs. Great balance. Battery's charge in 40 minutes or so. I blew my garage out and driveway off a few times yesterday while doing some wood working and the battery lasted throughout the day. Powerful enough to blow 1x6 wood scraps up to 8-10" long with ease.

The trigger has a lock to lock on to reduce fatigue. It's a variable speed trigger that isn't too sensitive and easy to control. It also locks off to prevent accidental power on.

The Chargers have a wall mount which is great. The batteries sit in the charger under their own weight and don't require the lock to be released which makes for easy one one handed changes from the charger. Especially if the charger is mounted in a not so convenient location.

Overall I'm pleased with the blower. I'm going to try the trimmer edger this afternoon if it dries up a little around here.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Rick how do u like the run time?

Pretty impressed.

I just ran the weed eater for a bit between the rain. It's pretty good. Trimmed up my whole yard and blew the rear patio on the same battery. Still have some battery left.

I have about a 6,000 sq ft lot.