Show your new toys

BK13

the order i made from KMS tools (canada); do i have to pay custom fees when its shipped to the states?

I think all the fees are included in at shipping charge which by the way showed up on my account about $100 cheaper than I was charged thanks to the U.S. Dollar!

there is a chance you guys might get hit with a brokerage charge which is totally separate from shipping and duties.. it is charges by a lot of the shipping companies for international shipments.. when i bought from Canada last, not kms tools, my stuff was shipped UPS and about a week after my stuff showed up i got a bill from ups for around $35

i haven't gotten charges any duties and dont think i will

Got these beauties in the mail today :) ordered them back in oct!!

I've had the pencil for a little while but I threw it in there for scale and to mention it.. it doesn't have to be woodpeckers, they actually have these made for them by Autopoint, made in the US which is cool.. it's also a .9mm lead which fits the 1mm holes on these little marking t squares great and I've found it to be a lot less prone to breakage on lumber than .7mm

post-49019-0-28994600-1426382642_thumb.j

• Like 1

there is a chance you guys might get hit with a brokerage charge which is totally separate from shipping and duties.. it is charges by a lot of the shipping companies for international shipments.. when i bought from Canada last, not kms tools, my stuff was shipped UPS and about a week after my stuff showed up i got a bill from ups for around $35

i haven't gotten charges any duties and dont think i will

ya i looked up - it will be delivered via UPS and the brokerage fee gonna be $25 for the amount i ordered.

$200.01 to $1,250.00

1.gif

$25.25

but hopefully no duty or tax - then i would be happy haha

I've had the pencil for a little while but I threw it in there for scale and to mention it.. it doesn't have to be woodpeckers, they actually have these made for them by Autopoint, made in the US which is cool.. it's also a .9mm lead which fits the 1mm holes on these little marking t squares great and I've found it to be a lot less prone to breakage on lumber than .7mm

attachicon.gif2015-03-14 21.21.03.jpg

those look pretty damn good John, i would love to have those too

They look great but I have no idea what I would do with them.

Sweet set John!

Oeh, that's some nice Woodpeck stuff again NER!

Yesterday I finally received my Stabila stuff. I really don't know why, but every time I order a Stabila product it takes about a month to arrive.

Must be something with the distributor.

Anyways, I'm all done with levels now. Got me another R300 level in 100cm and their new digital angle finder.

Stabila%20R300.jpg

amw_digital_bild1.jpg

As for measurement tools, all I really need now is a rotary laser. Been eyeballing a Stabila for a while, but I'll wait for DeWALT to come out with a new 18V rotary laser (perhaps green beam?)

Thanks guys!  im excited about these.. i had been wanting them to remake them for a while and they finally did so i made sure not to miss out.   I currently use the incra precision t-rule but i dont like how you can only use .5mm lead with them.. yeah thats all good for accuracy but the lead breaks way to easy when marking wood which makes it more frustrating than useful for me..

Samuel, these are for any sort of precision layout work..   joinery, layout lines parallel to the edge of your work piece, locating things like hinges and other hardware etc..   the t-square aspect of them also allows you to make perpendicular marks on your work piece up to the length of the tool.. 

many of the same features that you would use a combination square for but having the fixed holes removes an additional degree of human error when parallel marking

thanks Mr. Yellow,   Nice haul yourself!   i havent upgraded any of my Stabilas to the R Beams yet but they sure are tempting!  That digital angle finder is quite nice also.. we dont have that guy in the US

I know Bosch isnt the right color for you but they make some nice lasers.. I have the GLL3-80 and it is excellent for my needs.. also they just came out with the GLL2-20 and at around $250 usd for a 360 laser that has got to be the best bang for your buck in the world of self leveling, lockable 360 lasers..     you could always paint it yellow :D       as far as quality lasers go, its hard to beat Stabila or PLS which conveniently happen to be the correct color!!

Samuel, these are for any sort of precision layout work.. joinery, layout lines parallel to the edge of your work piece, locating things like hinges and other hardware etc.. the t-square aspect of them also allows you to make perpendicular marks on your work piece up to the length of the tool..

many of the same features that you would use a combination square for but having the fixed holes removes an additional degree of human error when parallel marking

thanks for explaining them NER I did know what they were for. Oh and congrats on the new set!

Cheers NER. I was in need of some good levels, so finally got that covered now. Very happy with the R300's.

The digital angle finder is the new model that I only found recently on their website. Guess that will eventually finds it's way into the US...

True, Bosch makes some nice products and they have a nice range, but yeah, I like my yellow ;)

I have a DeWALT crossline laser and prefer to keep 'my brand' for a rotary laser. Although the Stabila's are really really nice. Especially with their premium receiver.

Never heard of PLS outside the States. Will wait to see what DeWALT comes up with and then decide.

Cheers NER. I was in need of some good levels, so finally got that covered now. Very happy with the R300's.

The digital angle finder is the new model that I only found recently on their website. Guess that will eventually finds it's way into the US...

True, Bosch makes some nice products and they have a nice range, but yeah, I like my yellow ;)

I have a DeWALT crossline laser and prefer to keep 'my brand' for a rotary laser. Although the Stabila's are really really nice. Especially with their premium receiver.

Never heard of PLS outside the States. Will wait to see what DeWALT comes up with and then decide.

come on.. be honest with yourself :)    your name is Mr. Yellow... i think you have already decided!!  haha  

Ill admit, i dont keep all one brand across every tool but i do like to keep consistent brands for types of tools..  all one 18v cordless.. 90% one in corded, all one for nail guns, all one for lasers, all one for levels ect.....    

• Like 1

Samuel, these are for any sort of precision layout work..   joinery, layout lines parallel to the edge of your work piece, locating things like hinges and other hardware etc..   the t-square aspect of them also allows you to make perpendicular marks on your work piece up to the length of the tool.. 

That would have helped me out a lot in junior high wood shop.