Show your new toys

BK13

Madman, does that take half sheets of paper? Am I correct I assuming it's non powered so basically you hand sand with the vac attached?

1/3 sheet sand paper, but to me it looks like the normal size for every hand sander...

right its not powered buy electric - just pure man power :P the vacuum attachment helps with the dust...that was my most important concern. because when i did the rest of the house 2y ago....i sanded the ceiling with a normal hand sander and the dust was all over me.

i really wanna see how that thing works out.

MM those work pretty well. We use these for hospital work. We attach them to a 5 gal bucket dust separator with water in it. I think we got the separators from HD.

oh thats interesting with the water filled separators 

1/3 sheet sand paper, but to me it looks like the normal size for every hand sander...

right its not powered buy electric - just pure man power :P the vacuum attachment helps with the dust...that was my most important concern. because when i did the rest of the house 2y ago....i sanded the ceiling with a normal hand sander and the dust was all over me.

i really wanna see how that thing works out.

Thanks Madman! Looks like a really cool unit that's going to keep you clean! Not to mention the lack of dust everywhere, your wife will love you!

oh thats interesting with the water filled separators

I have no experience with the C-clamp style (but me 5 year old REALLY wants some every time we go in HD) but I probably have 6-9 of the regular models in various sizes. Compared to new, PRC-made Irwins, they are much better made, without the seemingly automatic unlocking that I sometimes get from new Irwins, better finished with kind of a matte surface finish, and a lot less slop in the pivots. I haven't really beaten on them much, but I have no fear they will hold up well. The adjusting screw with the screwdriver hole seems like a cool feature, but as of now I haven't needed to make use of it.

I like 'em.